Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard Reset leads to SW Upgrade - Is Gingerbread out already for G2x?!

Tip us?

k12.usmc
Old
(Last edited by k12.usmc; 27th April 2011 at 06:26 AM.) Reason: fluke
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Hard Reset leads to SW Upgrade - Is Gingerbread out already for G2x?!

I am new to android. I came from the Nokia N900.

Heres my problem/ situation:
This is the second time I have done the Vol down + Power reset but this time however I got a "S/W Upgrade screen" "Please wait while upgrading..." Is this normal after the hard reset and I should probably shoot myself or did I just get lucky!

Update: after 20 mins of no change decided to remove the battery because it was getting hot, retried again and got the normal hard reset of the unpacking android icon, not sure what happened before, if anyone has seen the "S/W Upgrade screen" "Please wait while upgrading..." screen before and know the details behind it that would be cool.

jn_vista
Old
Thanks Meter 3
No it its not...

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

r4d14n7
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I think that S/W upgrade screen is the stock recovery image.
T-Mobile G2x
CM 7.2

Nexus 7 (16GB)
Rooted Stock

"Okay, listen. We should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks - and no one's gonna ask, don't worry - but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead."
-Wheatley

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
No, it's the firmware flash loader.

You didn't follow the same procedure each time.

Hold and release vol_dwn = S/W upgrade, hold and hold vol_dwn = Recovery.

Whilst holding power of course.

Booting to stock recovery will hard reset your device.
[Nexus One], [Optimus 2x > /dev/null], [Galaxy Nexus], [Transformer Prime], [Nexus 5]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djmcnz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cenwesi
Old
Thanks Meter 32
So are. You saying I have to press and hold the vol-down after releasing it the first time to enter recovery

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
So are. You saying I have to press and hold the vol-down after releasing it the first time to enter recovery

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
Man, if I'd set up a web site and sold this information for 0.01c each time I would be rich.

Hold VOL_DOWN then press & hold POWER
Keep both pressed UNTIL the recovery menu appears then release POWER then release VOL_DOWN

[Nexus One], [Optimus 2x > /dev/null], [Galaxy Nexus], [Transformer Prime], [Nexus 5]

worker1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmcnz View Post
Man, if I'd set up a web site and sold this information for 0.01c each time I would be rich.

Keep both pressed UNTIL the recovery menu appears then release POWER then release VOL_DOWN

I had the S/W Update screen and I pulled the battery. I don't want updates, I want to install the latest CM7 nightly!

m_malyszko
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmcnz View Post

How can i get into the firmware flash loader, my phone isn't bricked, i just want to flash lg's (not tmobile's) gingerbread update over the existing gingerbread rom when my gf got her phone from tmobile last week. and tmobile has pulled the g2x again because tmobile's gingerbread update is broken again. only the lg rom is good.

Tags
g2x, gingerbread, hard reset, upgrade