Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 40,704 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tool] basebandswitcher V4 multilanguage V0.7 (22.07.2011)

Tip us?

kamileon1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi,

just switched over to android from winmo after many many years. living in new zealand at the moment. bought defy from usa, flashed cm7 beta 6. everything works fine with vodafone nz prepay sim (i.e. wifi, gps, gsm/umts, etc).

but when i switched to the 2degrees new zealand prepay sim, i can't register on ANY network/carrier. i do an auto search and the phone can find the 3 main networks - 2degrees, vodafone nz and telecom nz. but it won't connect to any of them.

this baffles me since 2degrees has a roaming partnership with vodafone nz. it should at least connect to vodafone, correct?

i tried changing basebands from bbswitcher v3.1 - tried all of the different basebands, but none of them allow me to connect. the networks are listed after a search, but i can't connect to any. Any ideas? Please help! Thanks so much!

kamileon1
defy (usa t-mobile version, unlocked), cm7 beta 6 rom (rooted of course)

Sqoerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamileon1 View Post
but when i switched to the 2degrees new zealand prepay sim, i can't register on ANY network/carrier. i do an auto search and the phone can find the 3 main networks - 2degrees, vodafone nz and telecom nz. but it won't connect to any of them.
The SIM Card is active? If not, this could be the solution. If you're not sure, try in another phone...

Also try the new Basebandswitcher, more Basebands are included.

Sqoerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
New Version 0.3 available

UPDATE 24.05.2011 bbsV4mlV0.3
  • added russian translation. THX to dab512 who made this translation

bokeron2020
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'd prefer to keep separate versions for different languages... if I had a vote

Sqoerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeron2020 View Post
I'd prefer to keep separate versions for different languages... if I had a vote
I don't get what you mean. Its v0.3 right now. I would be glad to help you...

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

sjg83
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Argentina Personal 3.4.2_107-7 BaseBand Version dont work with this carrier. I have got to use Argentina Claro BaseBand. This did not happend in V3 version. Sorry for my english.

ArcanisX
Old
(Last edited by ArcanisX; 24th May 2011 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
which exactly baseband should I use for russia (moscow megaphon, specifically)? I've been told it's 900/1800/2100 "chinese", only I see just "850/1800/2100" called ChinaME722 1.10 or "900/2100" variants...
Or it's "try each one and compare work/not and batt life" deal?

Jt612
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I can't be bothered reading through this whole thread just to see if this has been mentioned before but,
the option 'Austria telstra 2.26' should read Australia

Sqoerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjg83 View Post
Argentina Personal 3.4.2_107-7 BaseBand Version dont work with this carrier. I have got to use Argentina Claro BaseBand. This did not happend in V3 version. Sorry for my english.
I'm going to compare those two, If there is a difference I'll exchange it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcanisX View Post
which exactly baseband should I use for russia (moscow megaphon, specifically)? I've been told it's 900/1800/2100 "chinese", only I see just "850/1800/2100" called ChinaME722 1.10 or "900/2100" variants...
Or it's "try each one and compare work/not and batt life" deal?
Try each one, compare and TELL BACK HERE is the deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt612 View Post
I can't be bothered reading through this whole thread just to see if this has been mentioned before but,
the option 'Austria telstra 2.26' should read Australia
Ah... going to fix that

bokeron2020
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqoerk View Post
I don't get what you mean. Its v0.3 right now. I would be glad to help you...

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
It's just one of those "personal tastes" things
I mean I'd prefer one apk for each language instead of all languages into only one apk, though I understand that's impractical and harder to update, debug and mantain.

My only reason is that I suppose there will never be enough translations included, and what could remain a "low weight" app might turn into a multi-megabyte apk.
English is enough to understand what this app do and how to do it, and it's not an app you're going to be using everyday, anyways.

If I had a vote, I'd prefer you inverted your time in a different way: standarizing the names of the different basebands... country/region, frequencies, version. I suppose that's up to the original developer, though.

Anyways... whatever you do in the end, thank you for the time you're putting into this. You're helping a lot of people.

Tags
basebandswitcher, itfunz