Modified the CAN WIFI XOOM Framework.
Can someone test it to see if it works?

Always do a nandroid just to be safe!

Edit: Requires more testing.

Last edited:

umbra6

Dec 7, 2007
Loxahatchee, FL
Can someone test something for me? After you install the modded framework, does your screen orientation work in all directions? For some reason when I flip the screen upside down in landscape it won't flip the orientation. I use this orientation when I'm using the device and charging it. It does work in portrait though. Thanks.

Smokexz

Jul 11, 2010
Florida
Can someone test something for me? After you install the modded framework, does your screen orientation work in all directions? For some reason when I flip the screen upside down in landscape it won't flip the orientation. I use this orientation when I'm using the device and charging it. It does work in portrait though. Thanks.

Yeah it doesn't let me do it either... this thing is buggy it is also messing with my multi touch on the stock keyboard. Please can anyone confirm if multi touch on their keyboard is working properly after this?

Edit: I can CONFIRM this is the cause of all the issues I have been having, I have flashed the stock framework file and now multi touch on my keyboard works, orientation now goes all four directions it works like normal. Please fix or at least try and find out why it is doing this, I really want to use this but seeing how much I lose, it just isn't worth itit.

Sent from my Xoom

Last edited:
Reactions: dscribe

yooper

Oct 12, 2010
Thanks for this insty! I've been hoping/waiting for the Wifi version and am glad to see you came through for us.

I made the mistake of downloading the initial 3g version before it was confirmed that it didn't work with the Wifi version and I bricked my Xoom. Had one hell of a time trying to fix it on my own but thanks to a member here, all is good.

Appreciate your work and thanks for sharing. :)

Smokexz

Jul 11, 2010
Florida
Thanks for this insty! I've been hoping/waiting for the Wifi version and am glad to see you came through for us.

I made the mistake of downloading the initial 3g version before it was confirmed that it didn't work with the Wifi version and I bricked my Xoom. Had one hell of a time trying to fix it on my own but thanks to a member here, all is good.

Appreciate your work and thanks for sharing. :)

I installed the one for 3g Xooms and mines didn't get bricked... all I had to do was just push the stock wifi framework file to the correct directory and then it worked again.

Sent from my Xoom

Smokexz

Jul 11, 2010
Florida
Thanks for confirming this for me bud! I pushed the backup of my framework back that night and it works again.

Not a problem, now all we need is the guy who made this to start fixing these big bugs, it especially dampers the experience of typing, the multi touch on the keyboard doesn't work at all on the Xoom when you have this installed.

Sent from my Xoom

jase33

Jul 29, 2010
- /
lesjaw put one up for wifi xoom in the his 3G thread. Its like 4th post down. He couldnt test it though, so be careful if you try it out.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: axxonX

dahotz

Jun 10, 2010
NJ
EDIT
It was the first time I used about debug. I am looking into this on my spare time.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

After having the frustrations of having to go into about:debug to change the UA string to Desktop each time I've decided to patch up the US WIFI XOOM to make this a permanent change.

This is a CWM flashable package, I have also included the stock framework to revert back.

Thanks to sangreal06 (Original 3G release) and BWCorvus/Bigrushdog (WIP).
    Nice work, but unfortunately doesn't work with 3.1 xoom.
    Looking forward to 3.1 compatible version.
    Here it is for US WiFi 3.1. I just took framework-res.apk for 3.1 US WiFi from sangreal06's post (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1015857)
    and have made CWM flashable package. The stock 3.1 framework-res to revert back also included.

Do not use this if you updated to 3.1 using bigrushdog's method!
    Here is the framework-res.apk that has a UA string modified. This is for 3.2 and needs to be pushed with adb. apk-tool can decompile the framework-res.apk but that's about it. I have been using this since I updated to 3.2 with no problems.
    Any chance this would work on CAN WIFI XOOM? anyone test?

NO do not, it will FC you. It needs to be done to the can framework file.
    Hey UK and CAN users, attach your stock framework file and I'll mod it.

The original CAN file.