Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Connecting My Phone To The Internet via Computer

Tip us?

YewChuen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Connecting My Phone To The Internet via Computer

Hello,

I am using an X10i. I've been wondering, are there any ways i can connect my phone to the internet using my computer's modem?

I am not trying to connect my computer to the internet by using my phone as a modem. Do not teach me how to do it. My question and that question are two different questions.

Thanks.

viper619
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
If u have a mac u can use its wirless as a hotspot if u connect it with internet cable. I do that for my phone. Hope this helps
Cheers

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
Current device

HTC ONE X UNLOCKED AND ROOTED

previous devices

HTC Sensation S-off and rooted
Sony ericsson xperia x10
Nokia N900
Nokia 5320 xpress music
Nokia n73

IF I helped u in any way please hit the thanks button or buy me a drink

kunalgahlot
Old
Thanks Meter 115
yeah ,turn your pc into a wifi hotspot..use softwares like virtual wifi router for windows 7

Note:it will work only if u use a cable to connect ur pc and have a jobless wifi in your pc.. :P

you can also connect using bluetooth,i tried once but failed ,didnt tried much,it wasnt worth that much effort!!

kultus
Old
(Last edited by kultus; 27th April 2011 at 03:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
pls dont be naive... not every wifi card supports wifi hotspot even with special applications and tools, and the native windows 7 could make only ad-hoc whis is not supported by android 2.1 or 2.2 as I know...I've read many forums and finaly bought wifi router and what I can say its that its really worth to have it...
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i -> Samsung Galaxy S II -> Samsung Galaxy S III -> Nokia N8 -> Samsung Galaxy S4->LG G2 32GB Black

kunalgahlot
Old
Thanks Meter 115
yeah wifi card also imp..but most modern laptops and PC are quipped with such wifi cards

I can always use my Vaio for wifi hotspots with my X10..never faced any problems!!

xPlayGunZ
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
It's not possible through USB. It possible with the stock function of win7 or software for your pc. (Only if you got wireless wifi card in it ofcourse)
Like a boss

Patricks_book
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by YewChuen View Post
Hello,

I am using an X10i. I've been wondering, are there any ways i can connect my phone to the internet using my computer's modem?

I am not trying to connect my computer to the internet by using my phone as a modem. Do not teach me how to do it. My question and that question are two different questions.

Thanks.
Try this it will work on All pc/mac it's a video at cnet with a lot of good how-tos.
http://cnettv.cnet.com/make-your-lap...53-28619.html#

FYI I no you didn't want to use your phone as a modem but just in case this is the best way Barnacle Wifi Tether@ http://szym.net/barnacle/ It's not in the market. Just a FYI.

If this is helpful please click the Thank you button. Thanks good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Patricks_book For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hanzo.Hasashi
Old
Thanks Meter 230
I wonder why there isn't still an app which lets you use your pcs internet through bluetooth?

shchenok
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kultus View Post
pls dont be naive... not every wifi card supports wifi hotspot even with special applications and tools, and the native windows 7 could make only ad-hoc whis is not supported by android 2.1 or 2.2 as I know...I've read many forums and finaly bought wifi router and what I can say its that its really worth to have it...
I'm using Windows 7 native wifi sharing right now, it broadcasts as a regular wifi network with WPA-2. I use it for phones, consoles, etc

xPlayGunZ
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo.Hasashi View Post
I wonder why there isn't still an app which lets you use your pcs internet through bluetooth?
Because it will eat batter, no far distance supported and your internet will be ssssssssssssssssssssuper slow.
Like a boss