Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Connecting My Phone To The Internet via Computer

OP YewChuen

27th April 2011, 12:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hello,

I am using an X10i. I've been wondering, are there any ways i can connect my phone to the internet using my computer's modem?

I am not trying to connect my computer to the internet by using my phone as a modem. Do not teach me how to do it. My question and that question are two different questions.

Thanks.
27th April 2011, 01:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 34

252 posts
Donate to Me
If u have a mac u can use its wirless as a hotspot if u connect it with internet cable. I do that for my phone. Hope this helps
Cheers

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
27th April 2011, 02:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag brussels
Thanks Meter: 115

395 posts
More
yeah ,turn your pc into a wifi hotspot..use softwares like virtual wifi router for windows 7

Note:it will work only if u use a cable to connect ur pc and have a jobless wifi in your pc.. :P

you can also connect using bluetooth,i tried once but failed ,didnt tried much,it wasnt worth that much effort!!
27th April 2011, 04:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 34

705 posts
pls dont be naive... not every wifi card supports wifi hotspot even with special applications and tools, and the native windows 7 could make only ad-hoc whis is not supported by android 2.1 or 2.2 as I know...I've read many forums and finaly bought wifi router and what I can say its that its really worth to have it...
Last edited by kultus; 27th April 2011 at 04:18 PM.
27th April 2011, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag brussels
Thanks Meter: 115

395 posts
More
yeah wifi card also imp..but most modern laptops and PC are quipped with such wifi cards

I can always use my Vaio for wifi hotspots with my X10..never faced any problems!!
27th April 2011, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 546

2,119 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's not possible through USB. It possible with the stock function of win7 or software for your pc. (Only if you got wireless wifi card in it ofcourse)
28th April 2011, 04:42 PM   |  #7  
Flag Delta Quadrant
Thanks Meter: 41

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YewChuen

Hello,

I am using an X10i. I've been wondering, are there any ways i can connect my phone to the internet using my computer's modem?

I am not trying to connect my computer to the internet by using my phone as a modem. Do not teach me how to do it. My question and that question are two different questions.

Thanks.

Try this it will work on All pc/mac it's a video at cnet with a lot of good how-tos.
http://cnettv.cnet.com/make-your-lap...53-28619.html#

FYI I no you didn't want to use your phone as a modem but just in case this is the best way Barnacle Wifi Tether@ http://szym.net/barnacle/ It's not in the market. Just a FYI.

If this is helpful please click the Thank you button. Thanks good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Patricks_book For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2011, 06:11 PM   |  #8  
Flag Minas Tirith
Thanks Meter: 231

1,019 posts
More
I wonder why there isn't still an app which lets you use your pcs internet through bluetooth?
28th April 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 12

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kultus

pls dont be naive... not every wifi card supports wifi hotspot even with special applications and tools, and the native windows 7 could make only ad-hoc whis is not supported by android 2.1 or 2.2 as I know...I've read many forums and finaly bought wifi router and what I can say its that its really worth to have it...

I'm using Windows 7 native wifi sharing right now, it broadcasts as a regular wifi network with WPA-2. I use it for phones, consoles, etc
28th April 2011, 07:07 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 546

2,119 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo.Hasashi

I wonder why there isn't still an app which lets you use your pcs internet through bluetooth?

Because it will eat batter, no far distance supported and your internet will be ssssssssssssssssssssuper slow.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread