Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 49,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIMPLE 1 click root for HTC Inspire

Tip us?
 
gmiusa02
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default SIMPLE 1 click root for HTC Inspire

I will not take any credit for the link below, but i wanted to share this with everyone.....It is by far the easiest rooting for the HTC Inspire....

You follow instructions, and all will be well.

only have to have the following before hand:

1) HTC drivers for your phone installed on the computer (get that by installing HTC Sync.....then you uninstall the HTC sync program w/o removing the drivers)...you can't have HTC Sync when you are doing this on your computer.
2) get the latest .net framework.

http://www.dailyappnews.com/2011/03/...ick-root-tool/


Good luck to everyone....

Here is the problems i have had which i have fixed thanks to some snazzy guys in here that helped me:

1) GPS was not working for me, but i installed the ginger bread Radio in the place of AT&T's radio....then all worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to gmiusa02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
id10terrordfw
Old
#2  
id10terrordfw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 434
Posts: 2,113
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Check the source for their article out. It is about 20 posts below yours in this very forum.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
Current: T-Mo Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to id10terrordfw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gunnyman
Old
#3  
gunnyman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,659
Posts: 7,882
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Greenville SC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiusa02 View Post
I will not take any credit for the link below, but i wanted to share this with everyone.....It is by far the easiest rooting for the HTC Inspire....

You follow instructions, and all will be well.

only have to have the following before hand:

1) HTC drivers for your phone installed on the computer (get that by installing HTC Sync.....then you uninstall the HTC sync program w/o removing the drivers)...you can't have HTC Sync when you are doing this on your computer.
2) get the latest .net framework.

http://www.dailyappnews.com/2011/03/...ick-root-tool/


Good luck to everyone....

Here is the problems i have had which i have fixed thanks to some snazzy guys in here that helped me:

1) GPS was not working for me, but i installed the ginger bread Radio in the place of AT&T's radio....then all worked fine.
You're kidding, right?
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.
 
XAviierG
Old
#4  
XAviierG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 3,924
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Thanks man I would of never seen it! (Sarcasm)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
 
gmiusa02
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: Mar 2011
i just wanted to share the wealth with the info...sorry its old...i just found it myself....didn't realize this was OLD NEWS.

Admin you can close this if you want

Sorry for all the troubles...didn't realize you guys would just pound on me for this.
 
Scott_S
Old
#6  
Scott_S's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 1,006
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiusa02 View Post
i just wanted to share the wealth with the info...sorry its old...i just found it myself....didn't realize this was OLD NEWS.

Admin you can close this if you want

Sorry for all the troubles...didn't realize you guys would just pound on me for this.
It's not about pounding you...well, maybe a little.

The idea is that you may want to get to know both your audience, and the subject of your news flash a little beforehand, that way you can be sure they're not one-and-the-same.


Inspired Saga XDA Premium
 
doktor buknasty
Old
#7  
doktor buknasty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 744
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_S View Post
It's not about pounding you...well, maybe a little.

The idea is that you may want to get to know both your audience, and the subject of your news flash a little beforehand, that way you can be sure they're not one-and-the-same.


Inspired Saga XDA Premium
Scott you wanna pound the Op o_0? Really weird lol.....jk. To the op: you just have to search before posting that's all. Don't take it personally, but members (including me) are sick and tired of members that make new threads when that question or topic has been discussed already.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
Current: HTC Vivid (White)
Rom: Stock

Previous
Inspire 4G
Rom: Bindroid
 
Scott_S
Old
#8  
Scott_S's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 1,006
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooyoo222 View Post
Scott you wanna pound the Op o_0? Really weird lol.....jk. To the op: you just have to search before posting that's all. Don't take it personally, but members (including me) are sick and tired of members that make new threads when that question or topic has been discussed already.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
LOL, in retrospect, not the best choice of words, but, after all, I was merely repeating the use of the word "pound" by the OP.


Inspired Saga XDA Premium
 
steezee
Old
#9  
steezee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 148
Join Date: Aug 2008
Sorry about people pounding you over this...but they always say before posting to use the search feature...but for this example reading the article would have actually done just as well...but to be honest I tried using that to root a friends Inspire (after I used the hack kit) thinking it would be easy...It failed halfway through and I had to break out the hack kit and finish it manually

Current Device: HTC One (32 GB - Silver) AT&T
S-OFF: RumRunner
Current ROM: ViperOne 6.2.1
Current Recovery: Team Venom TWRP 2.6.3.3
Current Firmware: 4.19.401.8

Retired Devices: HTC One X+ (AT&T), HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T), HTC Aria (AT&T), HTC Fuze (AT&T), HTC Tilt (AT&T), HTC (Cingular) 2125
The Following User Says Thank You to steezee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mudknot2005
Old
#10  
mudknot2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 263
Posts: 1,279
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Corsicana, Tx
My question is why you you post this in the guide just to be told its already posted. Then come here and post it again? No offence but it seems a tad bit redundant.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
SGSII-ICScrewD
Inspire 4G- ICS asop Alpha
Search before you post

Common Sense = no sense

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


New Nvidia SHIELD Tablet OTA! Moto G 4G Gets Official CyangenMod 11 Nightlies – XDA Developer TV

The Nvidia SHIELD Tablet gets its … more

Prevent Apps from Locking Screen Orientation with HaveOwnOrientation

Most applications on Android play nicely with both landscape and … more

Create Your Own Launcher with HTMLauncher

There are hundreds of launcher replacement applications available for Android. Most of them are … more

First ROMs Appear for the Nvidia Shield Tablet

TheNvidia Shield Tablethas only been available for a little over a month. In that short time, … more