Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your thoughts on the unsmooth graphics?

Tip us?

amwbt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Your thoughts on the unsmooth graphics?

Why is the GUI interface and overall graphics on the Atrix so unsmooth? I'm assuming the cause is the large resolution, and maybe a crappy LCD screen? I'm thinking its more the LCD screen. Since my iPhone 4 has a resolution close to if not the same as the Atrix, and has a PowerVR GPU one model lower than my Samsung Captivate, and its 10x smother than my Atrix. Just don't understand why you would build a phone with so much power and screw it up with an under par LCD screen. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

tsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I believe it's because atrix lacks proper software optimizations which motorola is too lazy to provide.
The Following User Says Thank You to tsouza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tianqi
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Meh.... If you look at quadrant advance - lets assume its accurate and not argue for a sec
The tegra 2 doesnt have the greatest 2D performance - in fact quite low...
HTC Magic > HTC Desire + Samsung Wave > Motorola Atrix 4g + Nexus S + Galaxy S II(Sold) + Iphone 4s >.<

Iconia Tab A500 Honeycomb 3.2

Jotokun
Old
Thanks Meter 229
...what are you talking about? I've never seen any unsmoothness on my Atrix, except in the Gallery app when zooming in on high res photos. Everywhere else, its far smoother than my 3rd gen iPod touch, which itself was no slouch.

That said, I use launcher pro instead of Motoblur, so maybe that has something to do with it.

mchimney
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotokun View Post
...what are you talking about? I've never seen any unsmoothness on my Atrix, except in the Gallery app when zooming in on high res photos. Everywhere else, its far smoother than my 3rd gen iPod touch, which itself was no slouch.

That said, I use launcher pro instead of Motoblur, so maybe that has something to do with it.
I noticed choppyness with live wallpapers. Also, when i first open the keyboard to type, the first couple of letters don't register so i have to retype that all again.

sgtmedeiros
Old
Thanks Meter 71
I think... WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY?!

I mean single core phones run smoother wtf =/
the lwp lag really gets me =/

Meets34
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Motoblur...

paravorheim
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Froyo doesn't have gpu acceleration for the ui, or so I've been told. It's far worse on other phones. When gingerbread comes out you'll see a significant difference.

tsouza
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meets34 View Post
Motoblur...
Motoblows...

WhyBe
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amwbt View Post
Why is the GUI interface and overall graphics on the Atrix so unsmooth? I'm assuming the cause is the large resolution, and maybe a crappy LCD screen? I'm thinking its more the LCD screen. Since my iPhone 4 has a resolution close to if not the same as the Atrix, and has a PowerVR GPU one model lower than my Samsung Captivate, and its 10x smother than my Atrix. Just don't understand why you would build a phone with so much power and screw it up with an under par LCD screen. What are your thoughts?

I'm coming from Windows Mobile, so everything on Atrix looks smooth to me

But seriously, I think it may be a combination of the GUI not being hardware accelerated and whatever software/widgets you've got running in the background.

It's definitely not butter smooth, but it isn't that bad either.