Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NC][1.2][1.3] ManualNooter 4.6.16

Tip us?

GorillaPimp
Old
Thanks Meter 118
In the changelog where it says you got rid of live wallpapers what does that mean?

After HamNCheesing my 1.2 I loaded Google Maps and WPClock and both show up in the Live Wallpapers tab under the stock Home settings. Does ManualNooter disable live wallpapers altogether or what?

Pentagram
Old
(Last edited by Pentagram; 29th April 2011 at 10:53 AM.) Reason: specified that you need to use nook color tools to manage your apps(also see OP)
Thanks Meter 12
For those with missing apps in market this did the trick for me:

STEPS:

1) Already have your Google Account entered into the table & synced.
Settings=> Accounts & sync => Add your account/Sync your account
2) Run Android Market first by using your desktop icon or the applet grid panel choosing the Market app. When run it should produce a Market with missing apps when you search as is usual.
3) Leave the Android Market program running & tap the Home button to go to the desktop.
Replaces 4-6 = Nook Color Tools => All Settings => Manage Applications
4) Tap the Menu button, then select the Settings option in the bottom bar that pops up.
5) Select the Applications option
6) Select the Manage applications option
7) Select the Running TAB to show all running applications.
8) Scroll down the list until you see Market, then select it.
9) Tap on the Clear cache option button
10) Tap on the Force stop option button. DO NOT tap on the Clear data button here under Market, it will break the process I believe!
11) Tap on the Back button to go back to the entire list of running apps.
12) Scroll the app list up until you see the Google Services Framework app & select it.
13) Tap on the Clear data button here first, then tap on the OK button to confirm the action.
13) Tap on the Force close button now.
14) Now tap on the Back button or use the Home button to go back to the main desktop screen.
15) If you have the Market app on your desktop, then tap on it to run it, or open the dockbar applet panel & run Market from there again.
16) You should get an error box that has "Attention", then states that "An error has occurred. Please try again later."
This is good & what seems should happen if all is going well.
17) Now just hold down the On\Off button & then use the shut down menus to shut down the device normally.
18) Now just turn the device back On normally, let it boot to the desktop ... when you get a working Wifi connection, try Market again ... hopefully if all went as it did for me many times, Market should work fully now & show apps that used to be missing!

I found this solution on a forum called gadgetsandtablets
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pentagram For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidukfl
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentagram View Post

STEPS:

1) Already have your Google Account entered into the table & synced.
Settings=> Accounts & sync => Add your account/Sync your account
2) Run Android Market first by using your desktop icon or the applet grid panel choosing the Market app. When run it should produce a Market with missing apps when you search as is usual.
3) Leave the Android Market program running & tap the Home button to go to the desktop.
4) Tap the Menu button, then select the Settings option in the bottom bar that pops up.
5) Select the Applications option
6) Select the Manage applications option
7) Select the Running TAB to show all running applications.
8) Scroll down the list until you see Market, then select it.
9) Tap on the Clear cache option button
10) Tap on the Force stop option button. DO NOT tap on the Clear data button here under Market, it will break the process I believe!
11) Tap on the Back button to go back to the entire list of running apps.
12) Scroll the app list up until you see the Google Services Framework app & select it.
13) Tap on the Clear data button here first, then tap on the OK button to confirm the action.
13) Tap on the Force close button now.
14) Now tap on the Back button or use the Home button to go back to the main desktop screen.
15) If you have the Market app on your desktop, then tap on it to run it, or open the dockbar applet panel & run Market from there again.
16) You should get an error box that has "Attention", then states that "An error has occurred. Please try again later."
This is good & what seems should happen if all is going well.
17) Now just hold down the On\Off button & then use the shut down menus to shut down the device normally.
18) Now just turn the device back On normally, let it boot to the desktop ... when you get a working Wifi connection, try Market again ... hopefully if all went as it did for me many times, Market should work fully now & show apps that used to be missing!

yeh this is the usual market fix for most tablets. I just assumed it would have been tried already

Are all apps showing for you? facebook, quadrant, dropbox etc?

Pentagram
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidukfl View Post
yeh this is the usual market fix for most tablets. I just assumed it would have been tried already

Are all apps showing for you? facebook, quadrant, dropbox etc?
Yep they are all showing

davidukfl
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Yep they are all showing
lol brilliant. Typical that the most obvious solution was the right one

Pentagram
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidukfl View Post
lol brilliant. Typical that the most obvious solution was the right one
I'm just happy I that could help to find the solution Maybe you should add it to the install instructions in the OP?

RegLinUsr
Old
(Last edited by RegLinUsr; 29th April 2011 at 12:03 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

STEPS:

1) Already have your Google Account entered ...

... Market should work fully now & show apps that used to be missing!

Awesome, this worked... thanks!

NOTE: After the reboot, I received "16) You should get an error box that has "Attention", then states that "An error has occurred. Please try again later."" once again immediately upon attempting to restart the Android Market. I clicked OK and then restarted the Android Market once more and it fired up with apps showing.

EDIT: Not able to install.... just tried to install Titanium Backup and Root Explorer but getting "Download was unsuccessful, please try again." Anyone else with this error?
Current Device List:

Samsung Galaxy S3 [SGH-T999]
Stock: Rooting in process

Don't fear that "THANKS" button... HIT IT!!

buellwinkle
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This is great, Market is now working and searched for Paper Toss, installed it, ran it SUCCESS!

GabrialDestruir
Old
(Last edited by GabrialDestruir; 29th April 2011 at 12:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 504
Well... this did get me an updated list... however (using 1.82) I seem to have ran into the issue with it not downloading/installing again. This was an issue I ran into last night on this version of market and had auto-magically fixed itself.

jwdean26
Old
Thanks Meter 1
They are all showing now for me, but when I try to download, it is unsuccessful.