Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 51,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NC][1.2][1.3] ManualNooter 4.6.16

Tip us?
 
billingdl
Old
(Last edited by billingdl; 17th December 2011 at 03:09 AM.)
#1611  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 51
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by billingdl View Post
Does BN Shop work for you? Are you able to download book samples, for example? I subscribe to a daily newspaper and several magazines, so I won't be staying where I'm at for long...I don't want to go without those.
You know, I haven't tried 4.6.16a... I've just been using 4.6.16. If I could at least get BN Shop to work, I'd be in a bit better position. I'll have to give that a try and see what happens. Oops! I meant to reply to the following post, not here... =)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
Yep, they all work for me. I actually was reading samples of a bunch of comics. The new Niel Gaiman Marvel joint looks pretty sweet. I got my new issue of Pop Photo delivered automatically too.

Good luck.
You know, I haven't tried 4.6.16a... I've just been using 4.6.16. If I could at least get BN Shop to work, I'd be in a bit better position. I'll have to give that a try and see what happens.
 
lekofraggle
Old
#1612  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 303
Join Date: Oct 2010
I'm on 4.5.18 not 4.6.16a. I had horrible luck with 4.6.16. On 4.5.18, everything works fine except for some permissions. I may have messed the permissions myself because they worked for a while.

Downloads are fine.

~Leko
 
billingdl
Old
#1613  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 51
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
I'm on 4.5.18 not 4.6.16a. I had horrible luck with 4.6.16. On 4.5.18, everything works fine except for some permissions. I may have messed the permissions myself because they worked for a while.

Downloads are fine.

~Leko
Interesting... I'll try going back to 4.5.18 next. I tried 4.6.16a and no luck--exact same issues. We're also trying my husband's this morning--with 4.6.16a first. His device was just recently reset back to stock and updated back to 1.3 and 4.6.16a. He has a standard build.prop unlike me, too, so we'll see if we get a different result, but I'm not expecting to.
 
doncaruana
Old
#1614  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 587
Join Date: Jan 2011
Just for reference, the only difference between 4.6.16a and 4.6.16 is 'a' has the change to build.prop that 4.5.18 was supposed to have and 'a' also includes a script to update the database to block OTA updates.

The main difference between 4.5.18 and 4.6.16 is that 5.18 has an earlier version of the market (1.8 vs 2.3.6). After the 1.3 update came out it was found that installing the earlier version first (via 5.18) would then allow 6.16 and the newer market to work. At least for some. Some people reported going straight to 6.16 worked fine, but it didn't for me.

Haven't messed with 1.4.1 yet.
 
DeanGibson
Old
#1615  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 210
Posts: 284
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

 
DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Different kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncaruana View Post
The main difference between 4.5.18 and 4.6.16 is that 5.18 has an earlier version of the market (1.8 vs 2.3.6).
The main difference for me (and why I never used 6.16) is that it came with a different kernel. In my opinion, this was bound to create problems as B&N introduced newer versions (eg, 1.3 and 1.4.1) with potentially different kernels.
Please do not send me private requests; I generally ignore them.
Public requests allow others to help with or learn from the answers.
 
doncaruana
Old
#1616  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 587
Join Date: Jan 2011
Ah - you're right. Forgot about the kernel. That's why I used Dalingrin's O/C kernel, which he rebuilt based from 1.3. I never had any problems using 6.16 with Dal's kernel.

If I knew how, I'd crack open the stock kernel that comes with 1.4.1 and see if it's different than the stock one in 1.3. I think there are differences, so I haven't made the leap on 1.4.1 and dropped Dal's kernel in again.
 
GMPOWER
Old
(Last edited by GMPOWER; 20th December 2011 at 05:49 PM.) Reason: Changed download link
#1617  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 303
Posts: 240
Join Date: Jul 2010
Can some people give this updated version a try? Just install this after a fresh upgrade to 1.4.1, no need to install any prier version. I can’t possible test everything out, so I need people to report back with any problems that they run into.

* This does include the program HomeCatcher.
* It includes my flashplayer fix, so you should not run into any problems updating adobe flash or air.
* This will install android market v. 2.12, but will then upgrade to the current one.
* On first boot, make sure you select the zeam launcher as default.
* This does NOT have the added kernel file.
* Don’t consider this a released version.


LINK
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GMPOWER For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
billingdl
Old
(Last edited by billingdl; 18th December 2011 at 01:41 AM.) Reason: Forgot to quote
#1618  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 51
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPOWER View Post
Can some people give this updated version a try? Just install this after a fresh upgrade to 1.4.1, no need to install any prier version. I can’t possible test everything out, so I need people to report back with any problems that they run into.

* This does include the program HomeCatcher.
* It includes my flashplayer fix, so you should not run into any problems updating adobe flash or air.
* This will install android market v. 2.12, but will then upgrade to the current one.
* On first boot, make sure you select the zeam launcher as default.
* This does NOT have the added kernel file.
* Don’t consider this a released version.


LINK


What if I don't have a fresh 1.4.1 update? Unless you know a way to get back to a fresh 1.4.1 update...?
 
doncaruana
Old
#1619  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 587
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPOWER View Post
Can some people give this updated version a try? Just install this after a fresh upgrade to 1.4.1, no need to install any prier version. I canít possible test everything out, so I need people to report back with any problems that they run into.

* This does include the program HomeCatcher.
* It includes my flashplayer fix, so you should not run into any problems updating adobe flash or air.
* This will install android market v. 2.12, but will then upgrade to the current one.
* On first boot, make sure you select the zeam launcher as default.
* This does NOT have the added kernel file.
* Donít consider this a released version.


LINK
By fresh upgrade to 1.4.1, do you mean immediately after the applying the update and not trying any other nooters? Can I run the 1.4.1 B&N update over my nootered 1.3 and consider that a "fresh" update?
The Following User Says Thank You to doncaruana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
billingdl
Old
(Last edited by billingdl; 18th December 2011 at 01:59 AM.)
#1620  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 51
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPOWER View Post
Can some people give this updated version a try? Just install this after a fresh upgrade to 1.4.1, no need to install any prier version. I canít possible test everything out, so I need people to report back with any problems that they run into.

* This does include the program HomeCatcher.
* It includes my flashplayer fix, so you should not run into any problems updating adobe flash or air.
* This will install android market v. 2.12, but will then upgrade to the current one.
* On first boot, make sure you select the zeam launcher as default.
* This does NOT have the added kernel file.
* Donít consider this a released version.


LINK

OMG!!!!! I think you've fixed it!!

I figured, what the heck, I'd just try applying this update on top of the 4-12-16-test update that GabrialDestruir provided as a test to resolve the issues with downloading from Market and BN Shop...cuz I could always go back...and Voila! As soon as I rebooted, my pending Market and BN downloads started processing!!!!!! Yay!!! You're AWESOME!

I'll test more and let you know if I see any issues.

THANK YOU!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by billingdl View Post
OMG!!!!! I think you've fixed it!!

I figured, what the heck, I'd just try applying this update on top of the 4-12-16-test update that GabrialDestruir provided as a test to resolve the issues with downloading from Market and BN Shop...cuz I could always go back...and Voila! As soon as I rebooted, my pending Market and BN downloads started processing!!!!!! Yay!!! You're AWESOME!

I'll test more and let you know if I see any issues.

THANK YOU!!!!
Okay. Now that I've calmed down from all of my excitement... Here's my experience...

1. I started from a 1.4.1 update that had been MN to 4.6.16a and then 4-12-16-test.
2. I wasn't prompted to select Zeam launcher. I had already installed HomeCatcher previously.
3. My Market was already at the latest version...and it stayed at that. Downloads work perfectly!!
4. BN downloads work perfectly!!
5. Gmail works.
6. Installed Adobe AIR from Amazon Appstore perfectly!
7. Rebooted.
8. Whole new, cool "welcome" screen.
9. Had to reset my wallpaper with Wallpaper Wizardrii because it was no longer filling the scree.
10. Everything else is still perfect!

Anything else you want me to check?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes