Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Undervolt Kernel without lack of HSPUPA? Or battary reduction options?

Tip us?
 
drewdatrip
Old
#1  
drewdatrip's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 781
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal
Default Undervolt Kernel without lack of HSPUPA? Or battary reduction options?

Hello I have run both the stock cm7 and cattleprods 4.3.1 with smartass
Even going as far as to use SetCPU profiles to reduce CPU to 245 min/Max on screen lock. Im able to squeeze 11-12 hours with decent usage
from what I unslderstand reading the lord UV kernal people are lacking hsupa which is something I rather like. And while im ok with 12hours usage if something unexpected it long dinner party after work, im SOL
Any help or tips would be great

Thanks

Drew
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
AT&T HTC One - Custom Stock Variant
AT&T Samsung SGS4 - Tinkering
AT&T Samsung SGS3 - CM10 RC2
 
helushune
Old
#2  
helushune's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 351
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seattle
HSUPA seems to be hit or miss on the LorDmod kernel which is strange because it's based off the CM7 kernel by Kali-. I changed my APN and my HSUPA speeds came back, at least what's normal for me in my area (3.5mbps down/2mbps up).

I was pulling a little over 48 hours out of the -25mV undervolt BFQhs version before it needed a charge or it wouldn't last the next day. I'm currently running the Pinky Ultra Undervolt version and will see what kind of battery life I can pull out of it.
HTC One - AT&T variant

Motorola Xoom WiFi
The Following User Says Thank You to helushune For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mustang302LX
Old
#3  
Mustang302LX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 162
Posts: 1,618
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Petaluma, CA
Wrong forum for this. It should be in general but the lordmod kernel probably isn't the hsupa killer it was probably the radio swap I did. I fixed it but it was a PITA!

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G running CyanogenMod 7 using Tapatalk.
**Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 | Google Nexus 7**
 
drewdatrip
Old
#4  
drewdatrip's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 781
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal
Quote:
HSUPA seems to be hit or miss on the LorDmod kernel which is strange because it's based off the CM7 kernel by Kali-. I changed my APN and my HSUPA speeds came back, at least what's normal for me in my area (3.5mbps down/2mbps up).

I was pulling a little over 48 hours out of the -25mV undervolt BFQhs version before it needed a charge or it wouldn't last the next day. I'm currently running the Pinky Ultra Undervolt version and will see what kind of battery life I can pull out of it.
Can I get a little assistance? I read throughout the your thread and the one u linked. There are about 15 different kernals and UV zips

Thanks. Im really interested in trying this out

Drew

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
AT&T HTC One - Custom Stock Variant
AT&T Samsung SGS4 - Tinkering
AT&T Samsung SGS3 - CM10 RC2
 
drewdatrip
Old
#5  
drewdatrip's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 781
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang302LX View Post
Wrong forum for this. It should be in general but the lordmod kernel probably isn't the hsupa killer it was probably the radio swap I did. I fixed it but it was a PITA!

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G running CyanogenMod 7 using Tapatalk.
Sorry I couldent figure which forum would be most appropriate
anyone can move it if they are so inclined.

Drew

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
AT&T HTC One - Custom Stock Variant
AT&T Samsung SGS4 - Tinkering
AT&T Samsung SGS3 - CM10 RC2
 
drewdatrip
Old
#6  
drewdatrip's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 781
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by helushune View Post
HSUPA seems to be hit or miss on the LorDmod kernel which is strange because it's based off the CM7 kernel by Kali-. I changed my APN and my HSUPA speeds came back, at least what's normal for me in my area (3.5mbps down/2mbps up).

I was pulling a little over 48 hours out of the -25mV undervolt BFQhs version before it needed a charge or it wouldn't last the next day. I'm currently running the Pinky Ultra Undervolt version and will see what kind of battery life I can pull out of it.
Do you just flash the lordmodV4.4.1-BFS-BFQ.zip file in recovery?
What do you do with lowervoltages-25.zip?
Thanks for the assistance this will be my first UV type kernel

Drew
 
Mustang302LX
Old
#7  
Mustang302LX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 162
Posts: 1,618
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Petaluma, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdatrip View Post
Do you just flash the lordmodV4.4.1-BFS-BFQ.zip file in recovery?
What do you do with lowervoltages-25.zip?
Thanks for the assistance this will be my first UV type kernel

Drew
Wipe Cache and load the 2 .zip files just like a ROM. Hopefully you won't lose HSUPA like I did (I still think it was the radio swap but I refuse to try this again as it was a pain to fix).
**Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 | Google Nexus 7**
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang302LX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
drewdatrip
Old
#8  
drewdatrip's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 781
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal
Sounds good. Ill report back with my findings regarding the HSUPA and overall batt improvements.
Thanks

Drew
 
Mustang302LX
Old
#9  
Mustang302LX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 162
Posts: 1,618
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Petaluma, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdatrip View Post
Sounds good. Ill report back with my findings regarding the HSUPA and overall batt improvements.
Thanks

Drew
I'll tell you the -50mV kernel mod froze the phone numerous times when opening an app to where I had to pull battery. The -25mV mod didn't help at all for my battery life. My phone drained same as always which is terrible but not great either.
**Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3 | Google Nexus 7**
 
helushune
Old
(Last edited by helushune; 28th April 2011 at 06:04 AM.)
#10  
helushune's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 351
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdatrip View Post
Can I get a little assistance? I read throughout the your thread and the one u linked. There are about 15 different kernals and UV zips

Thanks. Im really interested in trying this out

Drew

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
I'd say go with BFQhs CFS or the V(R) I/O flavor (edit: scratch that, looks like he pulled the VIO one until tomorrow), they're supposed to be faster than the others. The non-undervolted kernel might give you fine battery life so there's a possibility you won't need to undervolt at all. Also, flashing an undervolt patch is optional.

Unlike Mustang, my phone responded extremely well to the -25mV but seemed to go back to typical drain when I switched over to -50mV. And it seems like it's enjoying the Pinky ultra undervolt so far. Like LorDmod says, try them out and see what works.

Flashing the kernel's simple,
Do a backup
Reboot in to recovery
Clear /cache
Clear Dalvik cache
Install kernel zip
Install undervolt zip (optional)
Reboot and enjoy
HTC One - AT&T variant

Motorola Xoom WiFi

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more