- Based on Doubleshot (myTouch 4G Slide) TEST ROM 1.01.531.1, ported for Vision.
- All device hardware should be fully functional.
- Uses select libs/bins from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ (2.30.405.1)
- Kernel 22.214.171.124 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.
- Camera, camcorder fully functional (thanks eViL).
- Over 100MB of bloatware removed.
- Relocated Market-available applications to /data/app.
- Applications optimized to reduce size and increase performance (thanks rafyvitto).
- Massive APNS list.
- Replaced boot animation from this thread (thanks cypis).
- You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).
- Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.
- Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.
- Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. The lengthy first boot time is due to the dexopts process and installation of /data/apps. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.
- After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.
- The default USB connected mode is "Disk Drive" rather than "Charge Only".
- Auto brightness is enabled by default and does not adjust properly. You will probably want to disable it.
- Using Menu -> Personalize from the launcher brings up T-Mobile's settings app, which does not work correctly. Simply press and hold on any unused area of the desktop to launch HTC's personalization.
- Landscape mode does not render properly for the Launcher. It works, just does not look right.
- There are various harmless graphical quirks present. Keep in mind this port is based off a TEST release, so this should be expected.
- Lockscreen shortcuts do not work. The implementation seems incomplete in this build.
Credit and Acknowledgements
Thank you to the following people for their help putting this ROM together: eViL D:, rafyvitto, 911Sniper, cypis and all the testers who subjected their devices to test builds in order to provide essential feedback.
As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.