Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Tab wifi only (P1010) hardware

Tip us?
 
slim_thumb
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 162
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Galaxy Tab wifi only (P1010) hardware

Can owners of the Galaxy Tab wifi-only version (P1010) please install Quadrant and make a screen shot of the "System Information" (see attached file, example for Moto Xoom) showing the CPU and GPU?

There are rumors that the wifi-only version use a different chip (OMAP 3630) from the original GT (Samsung Hummingbird). In quadrant's "System Information", even if the CPU name is not listed, the GPU name should be listed - if it is the same as the original GT it should be PowerVR SGX540; if it is OMAP 3630 it will be SGX530.

Time to settle some rumors once and for all. Thank you for your contribution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XOOM-Quadrant1.jpg
Views:	1232
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	580897  
 
rdk67
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_thumb View Post
Can owners of the Galaxy Tab wifi-only version (P1010) please install Quadrant and make a screen shot of the "System Information" (see attached file, example for Moto Xoom) showing the CPU and GPU?

There are rumors that the wifi-only version use a different chip (OMAP 3630) from the original GT (Samsung Hummingbird). In quadrant's "System Information", even if the CPU name is not listed, the GPU name should be listed - if it is the same as the original GT it should be PowerVR SGX540; if it is OMAP 3630 it will be SGX530.

Time to settle some rumors once and for all. Thank you for your contribution.
It's PowerVR SGX530!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110428_220522.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	581036  
 
rtfm1777
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 72
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Is this the OMAP 3630?

Even a total noob like me can guess that "Cores:1" can't be good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WiFiTab.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	581933  
 
pendevous
Old
#4  
pendevous's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 305
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paranaque City
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdk67 View Post
It's PowerVR SGX530!
Hey what app is that?
 
DarkPal
Old
#5  
DarkPal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 333
Posts: 1,078
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cairo

 
DONATE TO ME
Another app that can show you system info would be elixir. Its free on the market.

www.teamovercome.net: Home of The ♫ Overcome ROM ♫ Overcome Kernel♫!

If I helped you in anyway kindly click the Thanks button or keep me hydrated!

SpaceMoose1: You dont really own a device until you void its warranty
 
rdk67
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendevous View Post
Hey what app is that?
Android System Info
 
AlexTheStampede
Old
#7  
AlexTheStampede's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 323
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfm1777 View Post
Even a total noob like me can guess that "Cores:1" can't be good.
It's not like the P1000 has two of them, you know. Plus, the tab plays full hd video while the Tegra 2 can't go above 720p.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
 
guv69
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheStampede View Post
It's not like the P1000 has two of them, you know. Plus, the tab plays full hd video while the Tegra 2 can't go above 720p.
Can the P1010 though (which is what is being discussed!)
 
hicdub
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 151
Join Date: Sep 2010
I am getting one of these in the next week or so, but if I understand correctly then the wifi only version isnt quite as quick?
 
rdk67
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2010
In system folders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	582103   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	582104  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes