Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] what is overclock, netfilter, undervolt???

Tip us?

ithunter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223
Question [Q] what is overclock, netfilter, undervolt???

please give me definition and function please

Acc3ss
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Everything explained:

http://tinyurl.com/cfzs8a
The Following User Says Thank You to Acc3ss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gocegi
Old
Thanks Meter 120
All your noobish questions shouldn't be addressed in the Android Development Section.
I mean, come on people, if you don't know what the hell is overclocking, than wtf are you even doing here?!?!? It takes two seconds googling to find out, and if you can't even do that...
Leave this section for the developers, not for NOOBS !!!!

mondrup
Old
(Last edited by mondrup; 29th April 2011 at 08:45 AM.) Reason: Answer.
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocegi View Post
All your noobish questions shouldn't be addressed in the Android Development Section.
I mean, come on people, if you don't know what the hell is overclocking, than wtf are you even doing here?!?!? It takes two seconds googling to find out, and if you can't even do that...
Leave this section for the developers, not for NOOBS !!!!
It might be a slightly stupid question, but you gave a completely retarded answer. Get off his back, he's mabye new here, and wanted to learn from the pro's. This place is not only about the devices, but also the community, and you aren't helping either.

OT: Overclocking is when you increase the frequency on your processors clocks. This gives your device more power, since is has more power to work with. OC'ing can also be dangerous for your phone, and CAN eventually kill it, if it isn't clocked properly. If it's unstable, it's not a good sign.
Netfilter are, correct me if I'm wrong here, codes injected into the kernel. These codes makes, ex., tethering possible.
Undervolting is when you decrease the voltage given to the phones hardware, in order to save the life of the battery. This also gives slightly to much less performance.
Hope you understand my explainations
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mondrup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Graveir
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondrup View Post
UndervoltingThis also gives slightly to much less performance.
Bull****. Undervolting may cause instability in low frequences, but just like overclocked CPU works at the best of its performance on an non-overvolted FSB, undervolting does not affect the overall performance of lower frequences.
| White X8 | FroyoBread ROM | OC 768 MHz | CRT animation & other features |
| alfsamsung's theme | GO Launcher Ex | Gre home theme | Droid Sans Font |
| GO SMS pro | GO weather widget |
| doixanh FTW! |

CaptainZap
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithunter View Post
please give me definition and function please
It's something you should be asking in the General part of these forums, NOT THE DEV ONE!
| Dark Blue/ White X8 | Launcher 7 | Android 2.1 |

| If you feel my answers helped you, hit the button |

ithunter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223
Default thanks to all....

i jst asking about these function and pros and cons please say if thing necessary.... i think this topic is suited on dev forum so pls explain

DAXGr
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Request to Mods: Please move this thread to X8 General.

Netfilter is basically iptables support, Google it.

Sent from my X10mini using XDA Premium App
Someone who just loves POWER Architecture and especially a 2005 spin-off...
Also likes to spend time here: http://www.ee.auth.gr/index.php?id=4 (physically of course :P)

af974
Old
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,886
With a simply "search" you would have find all your answers and however Development forum it is only for Development issue such Rom, hacking and so on, it is not meant for Questions.
Thread Closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithunter View Post
i jst asking about these function and pros and cons please say if thing necessary.... i think this topic is suited on dev forum so pls explain

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” ~ Albert Einstein

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe