Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Transformer not powering on?

OP naturefreak85

29th April 2011, 03:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 157

918 posts
More
Hey, I got my transformer yesterday, and for some reason this is the 2nd time this has happened, fully charged battery, but the device won't power on. Attempted to plug into power but no dice. Held the power button for 30 seconds, nothing, held the power and volume up and nothing. Yesterday when this happened I plugged it into my computer (Windows) and held the power and up buttons and it turned on though it could have been windows detecting the drivers. Anyone else having this? Any suggestions? I haven't had a chance to test again and see if I can bring it back through that trick yet, but I will. Then I'll try a factory reset and see if it resolves the issue. I would hate it if this is a defective unit, that's for sure esp since they are so backordered. Outside of that I love the device.
29th April 2011, 03:25 PM   |  #2  
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 97

771 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak85

Hey, I got my transformer yesterday, and for some reason this is the 2nd time this has happened, fully charged battery, but the device won't power on. Attempted to plug into power but no dice. Held the power button for 30 seconds, nothing, held the power and volume up and nothing. Yesterday when this happened I plugged it into my computer (Windows) and held the power and up buttons and it turned on though it could have been windows detecting the drivers. Anyone else having this? Any suggestions? I haven't had a chance to test again and see if I can bring it back through that trick yet, but I will. Then I'll try a factory reset and see if it resolves the issue. I would hate it if this is a defective unit, that's for sure esp since they are so backordered. Outside of that I love the device.

when your device isnt coming on, does your computer give you a usb notification? You could be putting it in apx mode on accident.
29th April 2011, 03:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Boca Raton

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmtnbkr

when your device isnt coming on, does your computer give you a usb notification? You could be putting it in apx mode on accident.

I will find out in a few. The thing is this has happened when I left the device unplugged and in sleep when driving to/from work. Yesterday plugging it back into the computer brought it to life. Nothing else did. Not sure what apx mode is even.

Sent from my MB860

EDIT: Ok, turns out it get stuck in some weird power mode. I plugged it into the computer with no resolution, when I held the power button for 10 seconds, then waited 5 and pressed it again, the device powered on. I suspect it might be an issue involving detecting WiFi access points when driving or something else. I'll Factory Restore and see what happens.
Last edited by naturefreak85; 29th April 2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Tested at home.
29th April 2011, 07:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
try turning off screen lock.
29th April 2011, 07:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,251 posts
Quote:

I will find out in a few. The thing is this has happened when I left the device unplugged and in sleep when driving to/from work. Yesterday plugging it back into the computer brought it to life. Nothing else did. Not sure what apx mode is even.

Sent from my MB860

EDIT: Ok, turns out it get stuck in some weird power mode. I plugged it into the computer with no resolution, when I held the power button for 10 seconds, then waited 5 and pressed it again, the device powered on. I suspect it might be an issue involving detecting WiFi access points when driving or something else. I'll Factory Restore and see what happens.

I had that sometimes in the first day I had it, after that it hasn't happened. No factory reset, just make sure to do a hard shutdown (powerbutton 10 sec~) while it's booted and it should fix the issue.
29th April 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Boca Raton

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru

I had that sometimes in the first day I had it, after that it hasn't happened. No factory reset, just make sure to do a hard shutdown (powerbutton 10 sec~) while it's booted and it should fix the issue.

Yea, it had happened once already, and again. I'll be testing today when I leave work, factory reset and see what happens. Should it continue, I'll go to the next step. I'm just not sure what it is. Interesting bug to say the least.
29th April 2011, 08:18 PM   |  #7  
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 97

771 posts
More
Quote:

Sent from my MB860

From the way you are describing getting it to work again, it sounds like you were in apx mode...
29th April 2011, 08:28 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Boca Raton

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmtnbkr

From the way you are describing getting it to work again, it sounds like you were in apx mode...

I still don't really know what APX mode is, from the limited things I have seen about it, in order to get into such, the device has to be powered off first. As far as I can tell, my device isn't randomly powering itself off and automatically going into APX mode. This happens without me touching the device. When I did the power off and on today, it wasn't plugged into the computer at all. There was no recognition from the computer that the device was plugged in.
30th April 2011, 03:59 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Boca Raton

918 posts
More
Well as of today, my EEE Transformer is dead. Will not power on the screen, Asus offers a repair of 14 business days, unacceptable.
30th April 2011, 04:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 37

364 posts
Powering on issue
Woah...I was scared to death when mine didn't turn on the next morning that I got the device. Charged it for an hour and try to turn on again, nothing.

Holding the buttons several different ways that I know how to reset it didn't work. Finally I held the button down for more than 10 seconds. Wait a few seconds, then it powered on. Why didn't they make a hard reset since you can't remove battery!??? Hope this is just some fluke and could be updated with firmware.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread