5,597,647 Members 33,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Transformer not powering on?

Tip us?

naturefreak85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Default [Q] Transformer not powering on?

Hey, I got my transformer yesterday, and for some reason this is the 2nd time this has happened, fully charged battery, but the device won't power on. Attempted to plug into power but no dice. Held the power button for 30 seconds, nothing, held the power and volume up and nothing. Yesterday when this happened I plugged it into my computer (Windows) and held the power and up buttons and it turned on though it could have been windows detecting the drivers. Anyone else having this? Any suggestions? I haven't had a chance to test again and see if I can bring it back through that trick yet, but I will. Then I'll try a factory reset and see if it resolves the issue. I would hate it if this is a defective unit, that's for sure esp since they are so backordered. Outside of that I love the device.

dcmtnbkr
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak85 View Post
Hey, I got my transformer yesterday, and for some reason this is the 2nd time this has happened, fully charged battery, but the device won't power on. Attempted to plug into power but no dice. Held the power button for 30 seconds, nothing, held the power and volume up and nothing. Yesterday when this happened I plugged it into my computer (Windows) and held the power and up buttons and it turned on though it could have been windows detecting the drivers. Anyone else having this? Any suggestions? I haven't had a chance to test again and see if I can bring it back through that trick yet, but I will. Then I'll try a factory reset and see if it resolves the issue. I would hate it if this is a defective unit, that's for sure esp since they are so backordered. Outside of that I love the device.
when your device isnt coming on, does your computer give you a usb notification? You could be putting it in apx mode on accident.
Nexus 7 2013 - Current Tab
Nexus 7 2012 - In dash install
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

naturefreak85
Old
(Last edited by naturefreak85; 29th April 2011 at 02:51 PM.) Reason: Tested at home.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmtnbkr View Post
when your device isnt coming on, does your computer give you a usb notification? You could be putting it in apx mode on accident.
I will find out in a few. The thing is this has happened when I left the device unplugged and in sleep when driving to/from work. Yesterday plugging it back into the computer brought it to life. Nothing else did. Not sure what apx mode is even.

Sent from my MB860

EDIT: Ok, turns out it get stuck in some weird power mode. I plugged it into the computer with no resolution, when I held the power button for 10 seconds, then waited 5 and pressed it again, the device powered on. I suspect it might be an issue involving detecting WiFi access points when driving or something else. I'll Factory Restore and see what happens.

xtremedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
try turning off screen lock.

seshmaru
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
I will find out in a few. The thing is this has happened when I left the device unplugged and in sleep when driving to/from work. Yesterday plugging it back into the computer brought it to life. Nothing else did. Not sure what apx mode is even.

Sent from my MB860

EDIT: Ok, turns out it get stuck in some weird power mode. I plugged it into the computer with no resolution, when I held the power button for 10 seconds, then waited 5 and pressed it again, the device powered on. I suspect it might be an issue involving detecting WiFi access points when driving or something else. I'll Factory Restore and see what happens.
I had that sometimes in the first day I had it, after that it hasn't happened. No factory reset, just make sure to do a hard shutdown (powerbutton 10 sec~) while it's booted and it should fix the issue.

naturefreak85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru View Post
I had that sometimes in the first day I had it, after that it hasn't happened. No factory reset, just make sure to do a hard shutdown (powerbutton 10 sec~) while it's booted and it should fix the issue.
Yea, it had happened once already, and again. I'll be testing today when I leave work, factory reset and see what happens. Should it continue, I'll go to the next step. I'm just not sure what it is. Interesting bug to say the least.

dcmtnbkr
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:

Sent from my MB860

From the way you are describing getting it to work again, it sounds like you were in apx mode...
Nexus 7 2013 - Current Tab
Nexus 7 2012 - In dash install
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

naturefreak85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmtnbkr View Post
From the way you are describing getting it to work again, it sounds like you were in apx mode...
I still don't really know what APX mode is, from the limited things I have seen about it, in order to get into such, the device has to be powered off first. As far as I can tell, my device isn't randomly powering itself off and automatically going into APX mode. This happens without me touching the device. When I did the power off and on today, it wasn't plugged into the computer at all. There was no recognition from the computer that the device was plugged in.

naturefreak85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Well as of today, my EEE Transformer is dead. Will not power on the screen, Asus offers a repair of 14 business days, unacceptable.

nxp3
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Default Powering on issue

Woah...I was scared to death when mine didn't turn on the next morning that I got the device. Charged it for an hour and try to turn on again, nothing.

Holding the buttons several different ways that I know how to reset it didn't work. Finally I held the button down for more than 10 seconds. Wait a few seconds, then it powered on. Why didn't they make a hard reset since you can't remove battery!??? Hope this is just some fluke and could be updated with firmware.