Thumb Keyboard 4.0 - Beta (upd. Beta closed)
Update may 23: The beta is now closed. Thank you all for your participation and feedback. Please keep your suggestions coming. Suggestions and requests are welcome in the Thumb Keyboard thread in the paid-for app forum here on xda (link will follow)
New beta 4:
- Customizable toolbar. The toolbar can be switch on or off with a simple toggle. For phones as well as for tablet (Gingerbread and Honeycomb have more functions to assign to the toolbar keys)
- New small keyboard for one handed operation on a 10" tablet. It also contains a "blind spot" which you can use to hold your tablet.
Thrilled to announce a brand new version of Thumb Keyboard.
It's a total rebuild from scratch of the current market version, therefore I decided to launch it first as a public beta.
Besides a whole new core that is optimized for Gingerbread and Honeycomb, the new version (v. 4.0) introduces a whole lot of new features:
- Correct previous written words with suggestions
- Shortcuts - store and edit much written phrases, mail signatures, logins and insert them with a simple tap
- New addition to the prediction algorithm: predict a word based on a previous word
- New: resize the width of the letter keys on the split layouts. With the option to adjust the height, one can now adjust the keyboard completely to ones own hands and device!!
- Alternative suggestions for voice input. Just tap on the recognized word to see the alternatives
- Redesign of the keyboard based on multi-touch chording. Entering numbers and operating the cursor keys was never more easy!
- New style popup keyboards. Fling, slide and wipe and back to typing again ..
- New design of the keyboard layout. Easier access of much used keys
- Better esthetic integration with Honeycomb by the use of Honeycomb style windows
- and more (and still more to come
The beta can be downloaded from thumb4beta.blogspot.com
(Because the beta was already out for some weeks for 10.1" tablets, some may wonder why this separate announcement. The reason is that the current version will support all screen sizes and layouts, just like the current market version. This means a lot more devices to be supported and a lot more test cases)
Looking forward to your feedback, suggestions, comments, bug reports (hope none
Update (May 3):
Version 4 beta 3.2: added Custom portrait/landscape layout combination * Smiley popup keyboards now on all layouts * new theme "digital red" * custom keyclick sounds * better dictionaries * 12 extra shorcut or quicktext slots * Return key in instant messaging apps * option to exclude contact database from predictions * some bug fixes