[Q] Where do the files i download from IE go to?

Search This thread

thekiller99

Feb 9, 2009
Today I downloaded a zip file which contained some songs. I downloaded them from mediafire using my HTC hd7 which worked perfectly and I could play these songs. The problem arose when I wanted to play them again but was unable to because I could not find them. I tried using file explorer and looked in the temp folder but was unable to find them. Does anyone know where I would be able to found it?

kasapoglu

Sep 29, 2010
Cyprus
i have a same problem but i have 2 problem like this. first one is where is going file when download from explorer and the second one is from email attached files ??

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
It depends on the type of file

Documents you can do a save as and make them available in the office hub
Pictures are available in the picture hub

I don't believe you can save music and videos, those are likely being stored in temporary internet cache that you don't have access to. If the zip file was in your email, you'd be able to open it again from the email attachment (potentially without having to download it again).

thekiller99

Feb 9, 2009
That's quite retarded, why would no Microsoft staff notice these simple issues. Like the copy and paste feature....shouldn't that come with the phone without the need of an update:/

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
Like Apple with iTunes, they want you to handle your media with the Zune software.

LEFTKOYL

Sep 29, 2005
Athens
I can't understand why Microsoft follow Apple?
Until WM6.5 we where kings and now with WM7 we are starting to walk again like a 2year old baby.

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
Because everyone liked iPhone and nobody liked WM6.5

Last edited:

adobki

Nov 21, 2008
Lagos, Nigeria
Today I downloaded a zip file which contained some songs. I downloaded them from mediafire using my HTC hd7 which worked perfectly and I could play these songs. The problem arose when I wanted to play them again but was unable to because I could not find them. I tried using file explorer and looked in the temp folder but was unable to find them. Does anyone know where I would be able to found it?

Goto \Windows\profiles\guest\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
You'd find your file(s) in one of the folders with funny/coded names along with other Internet Explorer cache files.
Note that the \Windows\profiles\guest folder also contains other IE temp data (such as History and Cookies) should you also need them for whatever reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In file manager, navigate to \Application Data\Volatile\EmailAttachments\Attachments(Numbers)\