Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Entourage pocket edge development

Tip us?

mak0305
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Entourage pocket edge development

I was wondering if I could get some help developing some things for the pocket edge... Possibly a custom rom, gapps and what not. Any help would be appreciated.

samsung vibrant malice with bullet
Pocket edge ermine

woodpiledad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just ordered 1 of these for $155 shipped. Of course my 1st stop was xda, & am shocked that there is no activity for this [potentially] great device!

Here's hoping that some of the devs will pick up 1 at these new lower prices & start working their magic

heldc
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpiledad View Post
I just ordered 1 of these for $155 shipped. Of course my 1st stop was xda, & am shocked that there is no activity for this [potentially] great device!

Here's hoping that some of the devs will pick up 1 at these new lower prices & start working their magic
A woot sale is not "new lower prices". That said, I'm in for one, and also looking for the hacking I hope is already going on this!
"Well-behaved women seldom make history."-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

rumborak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Checking in too, I got mine yesterday and am very excited about the device.
What I was able to establish quickly is that most 2.2 apps will work out of the box on the Pocket Edge (I made apk backups of my apps on my N1, copied them onto the SD card of the Pocket Edge and voila, I had most of my favorite apps

I would be specifically interested in knowing how to access the e-ink screen programatically. Seems that the current apps focus mostly on the LCD screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to rumborak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heldc
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Did you try sideloading the market? What about amazon market? You didn't order yours off woot and have it arrive so fast, did you?
Sorry, I'm just really curious to see how this thing works out.

Keslynn
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone who has one already willing to do a system dump? Is it even possible?

I also Wooted and am waiting on my new toy to arrive.
Samsung VibrantZenDroid 1.1
Fix permissions in Froyo

Entourage Pocket EdgeRooted Ermine Beta
Entourage Pocket Edge Quick Guide

AlphaDog_NL
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just got my PE through a dutch version of woot, I upgraded it to 2.2.1 right away, but there's still plenty to tweak. I have no experience whatsoever with those things, but I'm very willing to learn and help you out, just tell me what to do.

Keslynn
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog_NL View Post
I just got my PE through a dutch version of woot, I upgraded it to 2.2.1 right away, but there's still plenty to tweak. I have no experience whatsoever with those things, but I'm very willing to learn and help you out, just tell me what to do.
I am not quite sure what to do. I believe it's an adb pull. I meant to do a little more research but have been really busy with work.

Anyone have more knowledge about this?
Samsung VibrantZenDroid 1.1
Fix permissions in Froyo

Entourage Pocket EdgeRooted Ermine Beta
Entourage Pocket Edge Quick Guide

jblackwood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
They have an open development forum on the entourage website that may have useful information for someone wanting to hack this device (I got one on woot too.)

I can't link outside the site since this is my first post, but it's the Open Edge Community Forum at the very bottom of the forum page.

heldc
Old
Thanks Meter 10
To save a google or two, it's http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...eDGe-Community