Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Modern combat 2... Force close!... I have a fix!!!

OP b4d5h0t

1st May 2011, 11:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

162 posts
This is a tip i just found for modern combat 2 on the xperia play.., this is using a genuine copy of modern combat 2 on a stock xperia play ...

I bought the game this morning went to play it and all i got was FORCE CLOSE (process com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftBPHP.ML) GRRRRRRR! So after trawling through google for 30mins i found some dude who had a way to get it working...

1..open the game with pad slid in (in the apps menu) it might work with the pad slid out too
2.. then youll get force close blah blah blah...click close or ok or whatever
3.. now hold on your home key so recent apps appear on screen
4.. now click modern combat 2 in recent apps and it works!!!

hope this helps somebody cos i was pissed off when mine didnt work, thanks goto some dude on a random forum i tripped up on.

if this is old news delete this thread BUT if its useful to ya, gimme a HELL YEAH!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to b4d5h0t For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2011, 12:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 85

642 posts
Hell yeah ? !
1st May 2011, 12:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
hell yeah? its a pretty inexcusable workaround to a problem that shouldn't exist. after paying for something that was supposed to be tailor made to my device i expect it to work properly without having to resort to some bogus workaround.

plan to be more careful when purchasing gameloft games in the future because the response they gave me was more of the same, and that is just weak IMHO.
1st May 2011, 12:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 85

642 posts
All mine work just fine
1st May 2011, 12:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

162 posts
yeah i agree it should work without the need of this, but itll do for me till they have a proper fix, maybe theyll patch the game. it might be my end because i installed some bogus versions of the game first that i later uninstalled but maybe they might have upset it abit lol...

anyway man just done 30mins multiplayer on capture the flag with about 8-10 in the server and was surprised how good it was, oh i had to register via my laptop with gameloft live cos trying to register in the game caused FORCE CLOSE again, but once registered u can log in and it all works good

see u on the battlefield soldiers ill stab u all in the boob
The Following User Says Thank You to b4d5h0t For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2011, 07:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Worksop
Thanks Meter: 40

426 posts
More
I had this problem, i kicked up a fuss and gameloft gave me an extra game for free!

Sent from my R800i using XDA Premium App
4th May 2011, 10:08 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
I had the same problem and this does works (HI5!) however I agree that its not acceptable on the part of Gameloft. This game was advertised on this device and it was in the Xperia Play app, clearly its just a minor bug that could have caused havoc, and I have also told Gameloft what I think (hopefully a free game!).

Hopefully I will see you guys playing online.
5th May 2011, 12:56 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4d5h0t

This is a tip i just found for modern combat 2 on the xperia play.., this is using a genuine copy of modern combat 2 on a stock xperia play ...

I bought the game this morning went to play it and all i got was FORCE CLOSE (process com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftBPHP.ML) GRRRRRRR! So after trawling through google for 30mins i found some dude who had a way to get it working...

1..open the game with pad slid in (in the apps menu) it might work with the pad slid out too
2.. then youll get force close blah blah blah...click close or ok or whatever
3.. now hold on your home key so recent apps appear on screen
4.. now click modern combat 2 in recent apps and it works!!!

hope this helps somebody cos i was pissed off when mine didnt work, thanks goto some dude on a random forum i tripped up on.

if this is old news delete this thread BUT if its useful to ya, gimme a HELL YEAH!!!

Original Thread lol
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1057689

But good idea for posting it here it will get seen more and be more helpful to people having this problem.
I noticed it force closes when the os does something like say you press the home button it will force close and you will have to start again from your last save which is annoying. This problem must be down to a conflict with the SE software as problems still exist with phone rooted and debranded.
24th June 2011, 04:57 PM   |  #9  
Flag Blumenau, SC
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
Donate to Me
More
Auauaua, great!!!!

Working on motorola Xoom now!
24th June 2011, 05:24 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 19

575 posts
More