Summary of Gtalk 1.3 issues: (for those who wonder if it's worth it).
- Video/Voice from other party is visual/audible.
- Video from your side is broken (other side just see your google account avatar)
- Theoretically to enable voice calls to your phone you need to click on your status and tick the allow video/voice calls.
- Initiating calls to your phone isn't possible (you can't call from a computer to your phone).
- Initiating call from nexus to nexus (or other phones which I assume aren't nexus s with official google rom) isn't possible. your phone or the other phone won't be shown as voice call available.
To sum it up,
It's a nice "preview" but far than being truly worth switching to at this state.
most video/audio functionality is broken for real use (unless you want it to call people with computers for talking with them and watching them... that's the only thing).
The good thing is it's not worse than the older gtalk so the standard gtalk functionality won't be worse .
1. It running fine on my GRI40 stock and rooted N1.
2. Unfortunately, it cannot receive Google Voice connection; to replace my Gizmo5 sip forwarding.
3. The good thing is, I can use it via 3G connection
Working perfect on unofficial cm7 2.3.4 build with gapps (05/02/2011) from @The_Big_Q_ and this gtalk zip
Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Premium App
Device: HTC Dream (G1) ROM: CM6.1 Nightly for G1/MT3G Recovery: Clockwork Recovery SPL: 1.33.2005 Haykuro DangerSPL
-- Device: HTC Google Nexus One ROM: CM7.1 Recovery: RA-passion-v2.2.1
-- Device: Motorola Xoom MZ601 [ROM: TeamEOS 3
-- Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 ROM: CM 10.1 nightly
-- Device: GooPhone i5 N2 QHD ROM: Pure ICS
if you like my posts feel free to by me a RedBull
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?