[WIP][Legit] Sensible Gingerbread [Alpha] Not the Gum Drop Buttons 5/14
I want to personally thank everyone who has helped make this a reality it has gone from a simple port to so much more
corrected the 6 signal bars and 3g/1x data
fixed the apns in frameworks
still being worked on:
correctly detect the carrier (sprint)
Camera (ours is being a bit tougher then the other rom ports)
UPDATE (this is directly from il duce post):
Thanks to thoughtlesskyle for the port
Thanks to nfinitefx45 for the fixes and updates
Thanks to s0be for the .35 kernel fork
Thanks to jasonmaloney for the download hosting
The /system partition runs at around 230 and the /cache partition runs around 10. FYI: nfinitefx45 built the mtdpartmap.txt "mtd 245 15" and FR-boot INTO the ROM.zip flash (version 1.5.3). IMPORTANT: this means you have enough room to flash other mods to /system, BUT you would need to flash FR-boot after that, as per firerat S.O.P. Also, this means if you change MTD it will be overwritten if/when you reflash the ROM. You should be well versed on firerat MTD before moving forward.
NEW to this version:
1) odexed system boots in about 2 minutes home screen load takes longer lol
2) "HTC likes" app works
3) "HTC hub" app works
4) bookmarks widget now available (from HTC hub)
5) CPU boots into ondemand 245-729
6) native USB & wireless tether work - sometimes disconnects or reboots
7) GPS works (nav app still fails due to 3D)
8) long press power does not show reboot menu - use "quickboot" app for now.
9) native email app doesn't work for pop accounts - use provider apps.
10) Boot animation back to stock for now.
11) recommended app "spare parts" = set window and transition anim. to FAST
12) the ROM.zip is now edify, and signed - thanks nfinitefx45
The "list" continued:
1) 3D textures still not working - do NOT update google maps to 5.4.0
2) bluetooth still not working.
3) wifi works, random "error" fixed by a reboot.
4) camera still not working - don't get your hopes up.
5) model says PG06100, but apps seem to read hero200.
6) PRI not working - shows "not ready"
7) network still "unknown" - shows "no service"
8) HTC widgets work (sometimes you need to install more than once).
9) data transfers on wifi sometimes fail, but work on 3G
10) random FC on blah.radio.blah - ignore
...there's probably more that I'm forgetting...
nfinitefx45 built this ROM from source and merged the working changes from the OP. He is also now working on a new RUU source build which was updated, hopefully it will fix *some* of the issues
how i got the initial release
-ran his rom through the android kitchen on my linux box
-this got it to boot but alot of items did not work
-flashed the rom then the .35 kernel immediately following then booted more functionality was restored
-next i made a nandroid of the rom with the .35 kernel
-moved the boot.img into the working folder along with the libs from the kernel zip
- made a build.prop edit so that its looking for cdma instead of GSM
How to install(might be a waste of time)
wipe ALL, flash FR-recovery, wipe ALL, reboot recovery, flash ROM, reboot. It is also recommended that you have an s-off bootloader, since FR is a recovery modification. It installed fine for the testers, so YMMV. But be warned, bricks are your fault, not someone elses Also, the CPU frequencies are now 245xxx (needs to be fixed, keep reading) - 729xxx (careful, some phones can only handle 691xxx). You need an overclock method (setCPU, overclock widget) to change the frequencies to 264xxx - 691xxx.
DOWNLOAD VERSION V 0.9.2 (update for v0.9)
Download ROM here V 0.9
A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork - john wooden
If you want to Donate, my link is here