[APP] LolaLaterList (0.3.1) - simple ReadItLater application
LolaLaterList, my first mobile application, is a simple ReadItLater application.
LolaLaterList-0.3.1 (17.10.2011) solves problem with SSL certificate - http://support.readitlaterlist.com/d...tificate-error
. If you get the error, you should enter settings and there within Connection tab enable alternative server.
Current full feature list:
1) download unread/archive page list saved to RIL profile (also automatically)
2) open page using many browsers: Opera Mini/Mobile, UC Browser, IE Mobile, uZard Web, Netfront, Iris Browser, Dorothy Browser, system default browser
3) mark page as read
4) send read pages back to RIL server (also automatically)
5) search through local page list (with multiple criteria)
6) pages can be saved locally Currently it is very basic and only HTML file is saved (but still it is fine for pages I read most often)
7) add page to RIL feature (incl. tags)
My plan for 0.3.0 version was to implement complete page saving, but again I have changed my plans and this version brings another feature set. Page saving should be in place when LolaLaterList-0.4.0 arrives, unless there is another feature more needed :).
I have noticed that my app somehow spread to several pages with WinMo software. I do not mind, but please do always refer to this thread.
Application usage should be quite straightforward - run application, on settings screen give/paste you RIL account credentials, paths to browsers you like (take into account that not all browsers can open locally saved pages) and then just sync. Page can be open/marked/downloaded from context menu available for each item on list. While downloading page is marked with asterisk, when downloaded it is marked with # sign. Page added locally is marked with plus sign.
LolaLaterList-0.3.0 (30.08.2011) brings following changes to LolaLaterList-0.2.1:
1) multiple criteria search (incl. tags)
2) archive tab. Archive list is downloaded every time from the very begining and is not saved locally.
3) support for system default browser
4) page added locally can be edited before sending
5) a few bugfixes related to HTTP communication
LolaLaterList-0.2.1 (13.07.2011) brings following changes to LolaLaterList-0.2.0
1) details screen (incl. tags)
2) communication with RIL server uses now POST method instead of GET and it lets adding more than dozen pages at single synchronization (sort of bug fix)
3) additional option for autosync added - now it can be done also when page is open in browser
Final LolaLaterList-0.2.0 (10.06.2011) brings following changes to beta1:
1) NetFront, Iris, Dorothy added. Thats all browsers I have found. If you know any other browsers, please let me know.
2) settings screen rearranged
3) paste function for all text fields
4) full synchronization added (in case of any inconsistencies with RIL)
5) http:// is added as a default protocol for new pages
6) minor bugs fixed
LolaLaterList-0.2.0-beta1 (26.05.2011) changes:
1) add page to RIL feature
2) uZard Web added
3) basic mime-types handling added for downloads
LolaLaterList-0.1.9 (17.05.2011) changes:
1) next bugs fixed
2) IE Mobile added (I missed it earlier due to some misconfiguration on my device)
3) upgrade of this version should keep config/list in place (but upgrade to this version will clean your settings, so once again you should backup it).
4) pages can be saved locally. Currently it is very basic and only HTML file is saved (but still it is fine for pages I read most often)
LolaLaterList-0.1.1 (05.05.2011) changes:
1) several bugfixes
2) UC Browser added
3) search on Enter
Painless upgrade path was not established yet - configuration was erased during update. So it was wise to backup LolaLaterList.config and LolaLaterList.txt before update to 0.1.1.
LolaLaterList-0.1.0 (02.05.2011) features:
1) download page list saved to RIL profile
2) open page using Opera Mini/Mobile
3) mark page as read
4) send read pages back to RIL server
5) search through local page list
Application uses plain .NET CF 3.5.
My plans for its future:
- save whole pages
- use IE/Opera Mobile cookies to access pages, which requires sign-up
- simple RSS client with possibility of adding page to RIL list
- page details edition
- support for locally saved page dir (e.g. saved page from Opera Mobile)
- operations (mark as read, download, etc) available on multiple items
- page list with text wrapping
- autodetection of browser paths
- sign up