Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

QPST DIAG Mode CM7 (Aka ##3424)

OP hydrosity

27th August 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050

Remember, Im on CM7 GingerBread, not SENSE....


if CM7 doesn't have DMPortRead.apk couldn't you just push it to you framework/app folder? or even install the apk and just run that when ever you need to connect to the Diag port? (for Qpst, or what ever you need it for) i'm not very familiar with CM7 so i could be wrong.

i use it to send my own serial commands. i find qpst to be more of a hassle then helpful. manuf. have been making there own NV items that are not listed in Qpst models for a while now. ie. the ERI banner for some hero's is not pulled from the usual eri.xml but instead read from the NV items. i think NV item 8042.

now, i while i was snooping around with the flash command. i notice that you can use "-s" (i think, i could be thinking of fastboot.) to specify your own memory location to flash an img file to.
now if we can find the mem location of the NV items you can simply read your entire NV items as an .img then use flash cmd to write all your NV items at once, and maybe even with the Recovery update.zip. im looking into the recovery source atm. if anyone knows where the NV items are stored plz let me know. is it mtd or mem location?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tronoftroy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2011, 12:17 AM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
1,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Can you check if you have the file /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable? If you do.. Create a GScript that echoes 0 or 1 (0 for disable and 1 for enable) to the file /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable it works like a charm!
28th August 2011, 12:25 AM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
1,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronoftroy

if CM7 doesn't have DMPortRead.apk couldn't you just push it to you framework/app folder? or even install the apk and just run that when ever you need to connect to the Diag port? (for Qpst, or what ever you need it for) i'm not very familiar with CM7 so i could be wrong.

i use it to send my own serial commands. i find qpst to be more of a hassle then helpful. manuf. have been making there own NV items that are not listed in Qpst models for a while now. ie. the ERI banner for some hero's is not pulled from the usual eri.xml but instead read from the NV items. i think NV item 8042.

now, i while i was snooping around with the flash command. i notice that you can use "-s" (i think, i could be thinking of fastboot.) to specify your own memory location to flash an img file to.
now if we can find the mem location of the NV items you can simply read your entire NV items as an .img then use flash cmd to write all your NV items at once, and maybe even with the Recovery update.zip. im looking into the recovery source atm. if anyone knows where the NV items are stored plz let me know. is it mtd or mem location?

Hmmm... Can you write to NVItem 0,1 or 2 this way?
28th August 2011, 09:36 AM   |  #14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050

Hmmm... Can you write to NVItem 0,1 or 2 this way?

yes. you can write any nv item through DM Mode. well almost any.

i guess some call the NV item image file SPL???... poking about on the forums seems like you are unable to backup the radio and the nvitems maybe stored within. just a guess though.
28th August 2011, 12:18 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
1,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronoftroy

yes. you can write any nv item through DM Mode. well almost any.

i guess some call the NV item image file SPL???... poking about on the forums seems like you are unable to backup the radio and the nvitems maybe stored within. just a guess though.

in EFS you can access NV items locked (on some HTC devices, tested with EVO 3D and EVO 4G) by creating folder "open sesame door" rebooting phone then going back to EFS the folder NVM should not have the lock, allowing you to see / write these NV items. So if you lack an easy to use NV Item browser you can use this approach.
31st August 2011, 03:58 PM   |  #16  
jackbtha1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in the USA
Thanks Meter: 30
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Can you please update the link for the update.zip file to flash in recovery? Or if someone has it can you point me in the right direction?
6th September 2011, 01:58 AM   |  #17  
Curious!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
I am trying to get QPST working with Sensation.
After echo'ing 1 to enable, the USB modem driver shows up. I dunno which driver u have used but I am using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=801570

and in QPST it doesn't recognize phone model so I can'T pull NV data from it.
any suggestions?

BTW I have QPST 2.7 Build 366
6th September 2011, 05:59 PM   |  #18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious!

I am trying to get QPST working with Sensation.
After echo'ing 1 to enable, the USB modem driver shows up. I dunno which driver u have used but I am using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=801570

and in QPST it doesn't recognize phone model so I can'T pull NV data from it.
any suggestions?

BTW I have QPST 2.7 Build 366

yeah, just open up your QPST Configuration. and set the Comport then your phone will show in QPST.
7th September 2011, 02:45 AM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
1,301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Hmmmm, modem? You're on 64 bit Windows 7? I recommend 32 bit..
27th October 2011, 05:44 PM   |  #20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Does this work on the evo??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, cricket, diag, epst, incredible
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes