FOSS(Free/Libre) Software Repository

620 posts
Thanks Meter: 95
By muqali, Senior Member on 3rd May 2011, 02:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
For anyone who likes to use/support FOSS and have access to the source code for what they install, has a handy app that lets you see only FOSS apps(you can loosen the restriction in the settings somewhat if need be).
3rd May 2011, 06:32 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 95
I've found the two pane file explorer and SSH ConnectBot and the IRC client to be excellent for my purposes. Anyone else using any of it?
8th June 2012, 10:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 52
Yes I use those apps (ghost commander you are talking about) as well as k9mail, osmand and about 10 more. Actually I've stopped using Google Play altogether. The problem I have is that many open source apps are getting released all the time and a lot of them dont get into f-droid , for various reasons, the main one being there is not enough developers to put together the recipes. You can suggest an app on the f-droid forums but you might have to wait a while until a developer gets around to collecting the metadata, inspecting the source code for dodgy bits, and merging it. This post explains the process and it doesn't look that hard. I think if more developers were aware of its existence and submitted their own apps the repo would be a lot healthier.
Last edited by dabl8; 13th June 2012 at 05:39 PM.
13th June 2012, 03:57 PM |#4  
Flag Y Σ M X
Thanks Meter: 118
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread