Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

{JVZ} Mosaic IX {The Family}{1/7/2012}

OP studacris

15th March 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #11961  
silver03wrx's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag westminster maryland
Thanks Meter: 2,688
 
3,314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Mabye They need to be signed with the same signature as the system ......
15th March 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #11962  
studacris's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,068
 
5,347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Charge to 100%, Take the battery out and let it sit for about 5 minutes then put it back in, I've heard of the system doing that in other builds And that helping.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to studacris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #11963  
Member
Bochum, Deutschland
Thanks Meter: 6
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Pls M10 build JVU based for better performans and battery life..

Sent from my Captivate using xda premium
19th March 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #11964  
Senior Member
Flag Saint John
Thanks Meter: 83
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Trust me ics is tempting but it isn't about being stuck in the past, it is about not wanting to mess with perfection. "If it isn't broke, flash to something that bootloops?"

Now pardon me. I need to get my horse and buggy warmed up. Don't want to crack her hoof by running her cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman171

If no one liked anything new, shiny and buggy we'd still be dragging our stuff on an animal hide with one hand and holding a club in the other.

Personally for me Mosaic was/is a great rom but I just had to try ICS and having done that I can't believe how much smoother Fusion ICS 4.0.3 is, it's smoother than anything I've run on my Captivate in the last year and 9 months and I have flashed a lot of roms so I have a pretty good database to compare it with. But, I also like shiny things and hate dragging crap around on animal hides!



Sent from East Coast Canada using smoke signals.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Primus76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #11965  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Question: Can I remove the GPS on/off toggle from Notification area
My wife sometimes fat fingers the GPS button on accident, when in the Notifications pulldown. This in turn start chewing on her data plan.

I believe I recall at one point finding out -how- to configure what on/off toggles you display in the top area when the Notifcations pulldown is opened. Maybe not.

If there is no way to remove that GPS toggle, is there another clever (but not recoverable beyond ROM reinstall) way to prevent GPS from being turned on / enabled.

Thanks!
23rd March 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #11966  
jde984's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 241
 
691 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboltman

My wife sometimes fat fingers the GPS button on accident, when in the Notifications pulldown. This in turn start chewing on her data plan.

I believe I recall at one point finding out -how- to configure what on/off toggles you display in the top area when the Notifcations pulldown is opened. Maybe not.

If there is no way to remove that GPS toggle, is there another clever (but not recoverable beyond ROM reinstall) way to prevent GPS from being turned on / enabled.

Thanks!

how exactly does having the gps on chew up her data?

but to answer your question... older version of mosaic had the option to modify the toggles, but it was causing stability issues. the latest version was focused on stability and performance so this option had to be removed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jde984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #11967  
goodolsen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag D/FW area
Thanks Meter: 36
 
434 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jde984

how exactly does having the gps on chew up her data?

but to answer your question... older version of mosaic had the option to modify the toggles, but it was causing stability issues. the latest version was focused on stability and performance so this option had to be removed.

If the GPS is searching for location through apps then it will use data. It had to request something from the network in that case.

Sent from Mister Red
23rd March 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #11968  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Well, heres the deal. We are with ATT, and when looking at her data usage, she has transactions once in a whil that are 2mb, 5mb, 10mb, 32mb in size. On all three of our phones, I have seen this. They are all transactions "sent" from the phone (vs. receiving into the phone). She's not uploading pictures to Facebook, not streaming any radio (which I don't would be a "send" transaction), etc. Also, she does most interactions on her phone when she is connected to wireless.

I did however notice that her GPS was on. I don't see any apps running (or simply installed) that she would use that in turn would use GPS, or request her Location.

Both her phone and mine are on Mosaic, fwiw. Installed it 2 months ago or so.

Any ideas or pointers on unknown phone interacts, denoted as "send" operations (according to ATT logs), that sometimes consume 10-80mb in a single shot.

ATT did tell me the last time I talked to them about this that they do do some rollup posting of usage, so maybe these larges blasts of usage are those rollup postings, I am not sure.
24th March 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #11969  
mrhaley30705's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,360
 
5,547 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboltman

Well, heres the deal. We are with ATT, and when looking at her data usage, she has transactions once in a whil that are 2mb, 5mb, 10mb, 32mb in size. On all three of our phones, I have seen this. They are all transactions "sent" from the phone (vs. receiving into the phone). She's not uploading pictures to Facebook, not streaming any radio (which I don't would be a "send" transaction), etc. Also, she does most interactions on her phone when she is connected to wireless.

I did however notice that her GPS was on. I don't see any apps running (or simply installed) that she would use that in turn would use GPS, or request her Location.

Both her phone and mine are on Mosaic, fwiw. Installed it 2 months ago or so.

Any ideas or pointers on unknown phone interacts, denoted as "send" operations (according to ATT logs), that sometimes consume 10-80mb in a single shot.

ATT did tell me the last time I talked to them about this that they do do some rollup posting of usage, so maybe these larges blasts of usage are those rollup postings, I am not sure.

Make sure use network location location is off and also turn off google location stuff. see if that helps. You could also add toggles for wifi, etc on a home screen do you don't use the pulldown.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #11970  
tazman171's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane Valley
Thanks Meter: 270
 
1,190 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705

Make sure use network location location is off and also turn off google location stuff. see if that helps. You could also add toggles for wifi, etc on a home screen do you don't use the pulldown.

+1
Beat me to it but that's exactly what I thought was going on as far as the network location and google services.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ahoy!, bob is sailing!, bob's not here man!, captivate, clean and crisp, cleared for takeoff!, codename bob, from zombie with love, gingerbread, groundhogs day!? again!?, i can has diet?, laggy, mosaic, no msg, nunja style!, rogers, samsung/at&t got pwnt!, silk toilet paper, smokin in da boyz room, steve jobs approved, team phoenix, uniporn is coming?, uniporn theme, where's my helmet?, you forgot "winning"-adam
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes