Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Random reboots?

Tip us?

darkcloud784
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Random reboots?

First off I want to start by saying I have flashed my rom to Bamf 1.5 remix. I do not overclock my phone however I have tried limiting my clockspeed hoping to prevent a reboot. The phone did not start the random reboot until I flashed to said rom. I have tried reflashing but no improvements, any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

engagedtosmile
Old
Thanks Meter 8
It has happened to me but I believe it just me OCing, flashing back to the kernel that I was using before when my phone was stable and testing it out. If not, I will just go back to 1.5

Also, does anyone know how to edit the power control widgets in the pulldown? I can't find any options. Thanks.

eschelon
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8965

DONATE TO ME
Did you flash the new radio when you loaded up BAMF 1.5?

If so, there's your problem

Mystery252
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Happened to me with BAMF 1.6 and leankernel 192X, but only when I set it to ondemandX thru SETCPU. Other than that I've had no reboots.

sent from my BAMF Thunderbolt!

blazednova
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschelon View Post
Did you flash the new radio when you loaded up BAMF 1.5?

If so, there's your problem
^^
yeah its pretty common for people who flashed the new radio to have reboots. i have had some of those issues, i found that using different kernels at different clocking speeds made my phone more stable. NOTE: i am not a pro, just something i noticed.

m00nshake
Old
(Last edited by m00nshake; 14th May 2011 at 01:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Default What's really behind all the random reboots?

OK... So I've tried just about every rom on the dev thread, I purchased the TB on launch date and had it rooted as soon as Jcase posted S-off instructions... I am now on the new radio and until today, I haven't had a single random reboot. Then all of a sudden, just about an hour ago, as I'm backing out of Tapatalk, bam... Phone rebooted itself...

Now I've been reading on just about every rom thread where people have been experiencing random reboots. Some think the new radio is the cause, but some people are on the new radio and have not experienced this. Others on the old radio still get random reboots.

Others think its the rom but people have noted this issue on most If not all of the rom threads.

Others think its the kernel that's causing it, but again, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to nail it down to a single kernel. Furthermore, some of these people are not OCing, myself included.

Which leads me to the strangest part of all this. My wife also has the TB. Her phone is totally stock and is not rooted. I got it for her day after launch and for the last few weeks, her phone has also been randomly rebooting. Not constantly, mind you. Just enough to be a nuisance. She has still not updated to OTA... The only suspect to this is that this appears to have started after the 4G outage a few weeks ago... And we are in a 3G only area but there was a day or so we could only connect to 1x...

So what's really causing these random reboots? I'm no expert, never claimed to be one, but is it possible that something going on between our phones and the Verizon network is causing this?

Thoughts... Ideas...?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Current: Samsung Note 2 N7100 (rooted, stock rom)

Broke in the parking lot at In&Out Burger... oops!: HTC Thunderbolt (MikRoms)

Returned: HTC Evo ~ CM7 RC2 + SavagedZen

Returned: HTC MyTouch 4G ~ CM7 nightly

Sold: Samsung Vibrant | Nero 3

Retired: HTC G1|Cyanogenmod 5.08

AndroidGraphix
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Great post. It's good to know even non rooted users are having reboots.

CellHabit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
non-rooted.... Updated yesterday... and got a reboot today.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Nikolai2.1
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I've had about six lock ups and reboots today since ehrpd has been back up

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
-HTC Thunderbolt-
Current Rom:
BAMF Sense 3.0 GB
Lean Kernel

Retired:
HTC Droid Eris
GSB 2.5

toebee76
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I have had a few reboots across a few different rom, radio, and kernal combos. The only thing that all my reboots have had in common was I had GPS enabled. Ive yet to see a reboot with it off. Could just be a coincidence.