[Q] Is this worth a purchase?

OP jonnyg1097

3rd May 2011, 11:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 119

1,437 posts
More
Yea so I live in Canada and I want to get the tab but galaxy tab 10.1 is gonna be coming out soon here so is this getting honeycomb? because if it is ill get it then and just wait for the upgrade but if it isnt then ill just wait for the 10.1 to come out.
4th May 2011, 12:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
I'm pretty sure the Galaxy Tab is not getting 3 (honeycomb). It's supposed to get 2.3 (gingerbread) from what I've read. The deal is because this Tab is not dual core - and i think theyre modeling honeycomb on it.
4th May 2011, 12:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 441

1,487 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nnynapalm

I'm pretty sure the Galaxy Tab is not getting 3 (honeycomb). It's supposed to get 2.3 (gingerbread) from what I've read. The deal is because this Tab is not dual core - and i think theyre modeling honeycomb on it.

Correct that the tab will never officially get honey comb, incorrect about the reason, any device that was released with 2.2 isn't allowed the hc update, I guess its to stop the 5million cheap China tablets from giving it a bad name.

I'd wait and get the 8.9 tab

swyped from a galaxy far far away...
4th May 2011, 04:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 252

1,521 posts
More
If you can get it at a good price, it is worth the purchase. I recently got it because it was being sold cheap and a 7" tab is just the right size for me. a 8.9" would be too big.
4th May 2011, 05:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
I just brought one from Futureshop for $150 on a 3 year contract with Rogers on their Flex plan starting at $20/month for 500mb with next tier at $35 for 5 gig

Sent from my GT-P1000R using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread