[ROM] [WIP] Honeycomb SDK Port - The Return (Updated version 4! 5/9)
Honeycomb SDK Port - The Return
So, for quite some time, we have had the excellent work done by deeper-blue, in porting the preview SDK, which whet our appetites for more Honeycomb to come. But despite Google allowing companies to ship Honeycomb devices, we have not had a source drop. As such, i felt like taking on the challenge of making the full SDK work on the nook; and now, here we are. This is build off the SDK 11 (rather than 10), and should be compatible with all real Honeycomb apps. Lets proceed.
2. Thanks & Credits
Before i go ANY further, i want to say thanks to whose people's work enabled and inspired me.
- It was your original modifications to the preview SDK that allowed me to get a BIG start on converting the full SDK. Honestly, i don't know how you figured out to do most of what you did, but it works!
- Your Asus Transformer system dump provided all the nice extra apps that are in use on this rom, in addition to the update framework. Thank you for your hard work!. http://forum.sdx-developers.com/eee-...former-pad-v1/
-Your dual boot Honeycomb script provided a great basis for a non dual booting script. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959461
I admit, i put together what i could with what i could find; if anyone is unhappy with what was used, please let me know and we can rectify the issue.
Not a whole lot to this one. Installation requires at least CWM 220.127.116.11. I am using internal CWM, so I will only certify it with that. I guess some people use CWM SD cards, but i am not sure how well it works with them.
Load the included .zip file on the SD card, and flash.
THIS WILL WIPE YOUR SYSTEM
DO NOT install this without having a good backup of Froyo or CM7.
DO NOT FORMAT BOOT
DO NOT INSTALL THIS WITHOUT HAVING A GOOD NANDROID BACKUP
Install take a few minutes, but once you are up, you will be greeted with the setup screen. Be sure to have a good Wifi around, it makes it easier to set everything up. Also, be sure to give the system a minute or two to settle when it first boots. Once you are all setup, you will be greeted with the full Android experience. Which leads me to my last bit of info.
- DSP (i think i jumped the gun on this one)
- From time to time, the screen may seemingly partially lock up. If this happens, please try to get an ADB logcat and post it here ("adb shell logcat > aFileName.txt"). A reboot will fix this issue.
- SD Card - RIght now, this is the big one. Not sure what about the framework change killed hte SD card, but i dont seem to see mine any more. If anyone has any ideas,lemme know
SU (thank you racks11479)
SetCPU (and all other root needing things)
Audio (thank you deeper-blue)
Market (thank you PatF, et al)
Calendar (thanks Rockwig)
- To kill the flashing red box (thank you mazook98): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109
So, what to do from here? Well, i will keep doing what i can, but i am by no means an expert. I invite anyone and everyone whom could possibly help make this better. If you think you can get Root or Market working - dont even ask; grab the code and mod away. If you have any advice, please share it. Android is so amazing because of the community.. lets keep it that way!
6. Links & Releases
This link represents a new phase of the Honeycomb build. I have adapted the framework from the posted eee Pad V3 build (linked in section 2). I feel this is a huge step up in UI, and a good push towards a daily driver. The UI is still a bit laggy, but it isn't too bad. Again, it wont be perfectly fixable until we get the source, but for now, its coming along.
Honeycomb Hybrid - RC1
Updated ramdisk made by Racks11479, that will allow SD mounting
**** ARCHIVED: DO NOT USE *****
Honeycomb SDK - RC3
RC3 Brings in the Calandar fix (thanks Rockwig), and a new build.prop (thanks xboxexpert), as well as some cleanup.
Honeycomb SDK - RC2 (thanks to declain for creating an updated rollup)
RC2 brings in the fixed SU, Market, and Audio, all in one neat package!
Honeycomb SDK - RC1
- Thanks luciferii!
Su to push to allow Superuser (thanks for the info racks11479):
**Note, if pushing to xbin does not work, push the file to bin, and also set the perms there. That got it working for me**
6a: Change Log
RC3 - 5/6/11
- Fixed Calendar
- Updated build.prop
- DPI set to 140
- Installer no longer wipes out data; all future revisions will leave user partitions alone
- Cleaned up some unneeded programs
RC2 - 5/5/11
- Fixed SU
- Fixed Sound
- Fixed Market
RC1 - Release