Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G2x stuck in "S/W Upgrade" screen after NVflasher One Click

Tip us?

usajlh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] G2x stuck in "S/W Upgrade" screen after NVflasher One Click

My phone is currently sitting with a "S/W upgrade" screen after a series of stupid events. I flashed recovery using ROM Manager before I had read that it fake flashed. I rebooted into recovery and installed CM7 nightly. Rebooted and it's stuck in a boot loop. So I finally see all the warnings against that so I figure I need to get a real recovery so I use the awesome guide from TGA_Gunnman. I follow all the instructions and it appears from the log on my PC that the CM recovery flashed successfully. I pull the cord, reinsert my battery and my phone just sits in the S/W upgrade screen. It's been like that for 30 minutes now.

What do I do?

crawler9
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
I thought I'd done something wrong with my G2x because that happened to me too. Remove your battery and USB. Then insert your battery again. When you turn it on, make sure to hold both the power button and the volume down button until you see text that says android. If you, like me, thought you just had to hold the volume down and tap the power button (like my Nexus One), that might be your issue.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
If I or anyone else has helped you, please click thanks!
I may not an Android dev (yet), but I'm more than willing to help whenever I can!
I am a software development student, comfortable with limited Java, C++, and AutoHotkey Scripting.
My posts usually change within 10 minutes when I originally post them... be sure to double check them lol.

My devices:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crawler9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avetny
Old
Thanks Meter 1,594
just disconnect usb, and go to recovery Power+vol down...

.....and congrats !

92drls
Old
Thanks Meter 93
yep, I thought I bricked it too.. When you were done at the green screen where it said press any button, thats where you press whatever you want and then unplug the cord. Then, put the battery back in and hold down vol then power, don't let go until "android" pops up.. You did it man, just missing your last step..

Mr. Clown
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Fear the Clown
Thanks Meter 2,307

DONATE TO ME
Moved to proper forum

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 - Stock Rom 4.2.2 (Stolen)
T-Mobile SGH-T999 - Stock Rom 4.3
HTC HD2 : Nexus HD2 JB 4.1.2 (RIP)

volboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can get to the Recovery screen, but I cant select any of the options....volume lets me scroll, but cant find anything to select any of the options....kinda new at this

y0yoy0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
power button to 'action' your selection... at least it works for me.

bluedart
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by usajlh View Post
My phone is currently sitting with a "S/W upgrade" screen after a series of stupid events. I flashed recovery using ROM Manager before I had read that it fake flashed. I rebooted into recovery and installed CM7 nightly. Rebooted and it's stuck in a boot loop. So I finally see all the warnings against that so I figure I need to get a real recovery so I use the awesome guide from TGA_Gunnman. I follow all the instructions and it appears from the log on my PC that the CM recovery flashed successfully. I pull the cord, reinsert my battery and my phone just sits in the S/W upgrade screen. It's been like that for 30 minutes now.

What do I do?
The "S/W upgrade" stays on, that's normal. See if your terminal window has completed whatever stuff it is doing. If you get a completed message, you are good to go and can safely pull out the USB chord even if your phone still says "S/W upgrade". Put back your battery and hold Power+Vol DOWN button and see if you get into cmw recovery.

mogul420
Old
Thanks Meter 14
so im trying to fix my friends phone and this is weird..

im able to go to cwm, wipe it all and flash a new rom.. it flashess successfully but when i reboot it goes back to the s/w update screen..it happens with any rom i flash.. its been sitting there for a while.. how long should i wait?
_______

** Current **
Samsung Galaxy S4

** Retired **
Dumb: QCP-2760, Kyocera CDM180, Moto Star-Tak, Samsung SGH-A107
Smart: HTC Mogul, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S3

moshe22
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Once you flash the ROM you shouldn't be getting that screen...Does your friend has the G2x or 2x and which ROM did you flash?
I can do all things through Jesus who gives me strength
---
Follow me on Twitter
---
Current:
GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus
---
Previous phones:
HTC Sensation
LG G2x
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
HTC HD7