1. What is a kernel? Can I flash multiple kernels to the same rom? Can I flash a kernel via clockwork recovery?
2. Ive been having problems with clockwork recovery. I got it installed (meaning I can get to the clockwork recovery menu after flashing the .tar file via odin and applying the update.zip) but if I select any of the items from the clockwork recovery menu the screen immediately goes blank and I have to perform a battery pull to boot the phone up again.
3. Clockwork recovery doesnt stick. When I apply the update.zip (which contains clockwork recovery mod) from the regular recovery menu I get a "e:verification whole-file error" message thingy unless I flash the .tar file via odin every single time before hand in which case I do get to the clockwork recovery menu, but the problem from the question above occurs.
4. How to flash the latest clockwork recovery + any needed kernel + any bug fixes + latest version of needed files? Plz post a link to a place where I can download the appropriate files. I ask this even though its been asked before because im wondering if the files I used are outdated and thats why I had the problems mentioned above.
5. Is there anyway I can restore my phone back to the way i first bought it (meaning no root, no update, etc.)
Thanks in advance!
Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App