Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Beta testers for a Mac SBF Flasher

Tip us?
 
G7man
Old
(Last edited by G7man; 16th July 2011 at 09:44 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Need Beta testers for a Mac SBF Flasher

Hi, guys. I am a new member here at XDA and would like some people to test a version of Darkonion's Dosbf script modified for Macs. I have tested this this with my Mac, and a Droid X, and everything has gone wonderfully. I need to verify that it actually works with other Macs, so if anyone would like to help me out here, I would be very grateful.

Remember to wipe data/cache after SBF to be safe.

If you've gotten the message "error: no sbf_flash program" then you'll need to restart terminal and run the command "./sbf_flash droid2.sbf" after you cd to the SBF_Flasher_1.4 directory.

Update: SBF_Flasher_1.4
MAJOR UPDATE: Using the right sbf_flash finally. If for some reason this zip doesn't work, go here:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip SBF_Flasher_1.4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (56.7 KB, 196 views)
 
G7man
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
If anyone needs support, PM me and I can help.
 
bigoz71
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2011
Default stuck trying to flash

I keep getting this message when in terminal


Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue.

l
Error: No sbf_flash program
Exiting
 
G7man
Old
(Last edited by G7man; 21st May 2011 at 10:47 PM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoz71 View Post
I keep getting this message when in terminal


Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue.

l
Error: No sbf_flash program
Exiting
If that happens, it basically means that the sbf_flash file is not an executable. Try this.

In terminal, type "chmod +x" and leave a space, then open the SBF_Flasher_1.3 folder and drag sbf_flash into terminal. Here's how it should look.

chmod +x /location of folder/SBF_Flasher_1.3/sbf_flash"

you don't have to put the SBF file on your sdcard, you just copy it to the SBF_Flasher folder on your computer and rename it droid2.sbf
 
RockTheRed52
Old
(Last edited by RockTheRed52; 22nd May 2011 at 01:48 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2011
i get to the point when it says "Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue" when i press a number or letter it gives me an error saying "Error: No sbf_flash program" any insight on what i may be doing wrong?


Edit:
tried the above instructions, and still not working. my phone has been stuck in bootload all day :(
 
G7man
Old
(Last edited by G7man; 22nd May 2011 at 02:12 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheRed52 View Post
i get to the point when it says "Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue" when i press a number or letter it gives me an error saying "Error: No sbf_flash program" any insight on what i may be doing wrong?


Edit:
tried the above instructions, and still not working. my phone has been stuck in bootload all day :(
Make sure you pull the battery in between trying, otherwise you'll have to find another battery.
What phone and software version are you running? Did you get the correct SBF file?
 
RockTheRed52
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by G7man View Post
Make sure you pull the battery in between trying, otherwise you'll have to find another battery.
What phone and software version are you running? Did you get the correct SBF file?
im using a D2 with the gingerbread leak, i was installing apex2.0 however me being careless downloaded the DX version by accident. then all hell broke lose lol.
im pretty sure i downloaded the correct SBF file. however if you have you prefer i would like to know
 
RockTheRed52
Old
(Last edited by RockTheRed52; 22nd May 2011 at 02:41 AM.)
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2011
double post. my fault.
 
G7man
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheRed52 View Post
im using a D2 with the gingerbread leak, i was installing apex2.0 however me being careless downloaded the DX version by accident. then all hell broke lose lol.
im pretty sure i downloaded the correct SBF file. however if you have you prefer i would like to know
Well, I don't own a D2, so here is all I can say.

1. Make sure you chmod +x both the sbf_flash and the SBF_Flasher.sh files

2. Download the 2.3.20 SBF, or whatever the most current one is and copy it to the SBF_Flasher folder. Rename the sbf "droid2.sbf" case-sensetive and without quotes

3. Run SBF_Flasher.sh and tell me at what point it errors, and what it says.
 
RockTheRed52
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by G7man View Post
Well, I don't own a D2, so here is all I can say.

1. Make sure you chmod +x both the sbf_flash and the SBF_Flasher.sh files

2. Download the 2.3.20 SBF, or whatever the most current one is and copy it to the SBF_Flasher folder. Rename the sbf "droid2.sbf" case-sensetive and without quotes

3. Run SBF_Flasher.sh and tell me at what point it errors, and what it says.
this is where i am getting stuck at

Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue.

chmod +x /Users/alkap16/Desktop/SBF_Flasher_1.3/sbf_flash 1
Error: No sbf_flash program
Exiting

although i am not sure if i am "chmod +x" the SBF_Flasher.sh file correctly.

sorry for all this this is my first time doing anything like this on my phone or computer.

Tags
droid x, flash, mac, macbook, sbf
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more