Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] 06-05-11 Ganbaro ROM V0.3b for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Tip us?

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
(Last edited by BeeGee_Tokyo; 6th May 2011 at 12:25 PM.) Reason: New version out
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,232

DONATE TO ME
Talking [ROM] 06-05-11 Ganbaro ROM V0.3b for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Ok, here comes the version 0.3 of my Ganbarou (頑張ろう [gambaroo] = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM.

This ROM is made for tablets like pov Mobii, Viewpad 10s, Smartsurfer 360 MN10U, that have an internal 3G modem and GPS. Of course it works on similar tablets like the Advent Vega, XVision, ...

My main goal is to get a ROM that gives full support to 3G and GPS and be as stable and fast as possible.

Download link:
Ganbarou ROM V0.3
Screenshots, changelog and tips:
Ganbarou (頑張ろう = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM V0.3
Changelog V0.3b
  • Added NTFS automount (Again many thanks to the_corvus for the scripts)
Changelog V0.3a
  • Fixed small bug with TPUtility. It crashed due to some wrong libraries.
Changelog V0.3
  • New kernel - CorvusKernel 0.2 (Many thanks to the_corvus for compiling a stock version of his very fast kernel)
  • Bluetooth problem solved
  • Changed file manager from Astro to standard Android file manager (taken from CM7 ROM).
  • Removed NI keyboard (can be downloaded and installed from here)
  • Name spelling corrected

Overclocking [source]:
Method 1:
  • Get SetCPU from the market (or here from XDA) and select autodetect on the first start (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button "device"). Then you can move the slide to 1500000 (or whatever speed you want). You can define profiles as well. Seems to work on my ROM.
Method 2:
  • Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Don't change any other parameter, use at your own risk.

USB host mode [source]:
Press power button, once display get power (you will see the difference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

Have fun and give me feedback.

And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.
Quote:
THIS ROM RUNS BY DEFAULT ON 1.5GHZ OVERCLOCKING. GET SETCPU OR CPU METER FROM THE MARKET TO REGULATE THE SPEED. PERMANENT OVERCLOCKING MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR TABLET. YOU GOT THIS WARNING HERE AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR TABLET ENDS UP BURNING.
Some screenshots:

The Following User Says Thank You to BeeGee_Tokyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,232

DONATE TO ME
You can use the Host Mode Indicator on this ROM as well, as I use the CorvusKernel 0.2

malvern
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,is the wifi location fixed?

Sent from my vega using Tapatalk

corvus
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee_Tokyo View Post
Overclocking [source]:
Method 1:
  • Put the setcpu.txt file attached in the root of your sdcard and then start setcpu (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button "device") then select the bottom button (custom freqs) then you can move the slide to 1400000.
Method 2:
  • Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Don't change any other parameter, use at your own risk.
Overclocking freqs with CorvusKernel 0.2 are autodetected, so no need of setcpu.txt... it Corvus5 works, and may work in any other rom, lets setcpu autodetect freqs.

Corvus.

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
(Last edited by BeeGee_Tokyo; 5th May 2011 at 09:51 AM.) Reason: test result added
Thanks Meter 1,232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
Overclocking freqs with CorvusKernel 0.2 are autodetected, so no need of setcpu.txt... it Corvus5 works, and may work in any other rom, lets setcpu autodetect freqs.

Corvus.
Didn't know this Much better then. Will test and change my post.
Thanks for your great support!

[EDIT]
Yes, it works, SetCPU set to autodetect and it shows 216MHz to 1.5GHz.
Your kernel is really a super thingy!
[/EDIT]

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern View Post
Hi,is the wifi location fixed?

Sent from my vega using Tapatalk
Have to check it for WiFi. At least it gets location from the 3G, as it says at the moment that I am in Makati City, Manila, Philippines, but the position is around 100m from my real location.

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,232

DONATE TO ME
New version is up.

Changelog V0.3b
  • Added NTFS automount (Again many thanks to the_corvus for the scripts)

veryjo
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Thank you for this great Rom.
It is very fast and stable, without tweak.

But I have a problem: I would like to use my Huawei E1750 Dongle. Unfortunately it is not supported.

I have worked with him a AT-command. (AT^U2DIAG=0)

I can not create a new APN. The APN can not be stored.
3G and GPS I can enable.

I hope you can help.
In the German forum (http://www.android-hilfe.de/pov-mobi...nt-vega-forum/),
many would appreciate a Huawei Ünterstützung.
sorry for my bad english

Sony Xperia Z || Sony Xperia Tablet Z pollux

BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryjo View Post
Thank you for this great Rom.
It is very fast and stable, without tweak.

But I have a problem: I would like to use my Huawei E1750 Dongle. Unfortunately it is not supported.

I have worked with him a AT-command. (AT^U2DIAG=0)

I can not create a new APN. The APN can not be stored.
3G and GPS I can enable.

I hope you can help.
In the German forum (http://www.android-hilfe.de/pov-mobi...nt-vega-forum/),
many would appreciate a Huawei Ünterstützung.
Hallo nach Deutschland!

Unfortunately there is not much I can do, either a specific dongle is supported by the included drivers or not.
But it seems there are people who got the E1750 working on the tablet.
Check T-Mobile Dongle for Advent vega.

Make sure you have the tablet in USB host mode by rebooting and pressing the back button from the moment the tablet starts booting until you see the lock-screen or launcher again. To check if you are in host mode you can use the gridhostmodeindicator.apk from ptbw.

Are the lights on the dongle going on and into a stable condition?

You can change and save an APN only if the connection to a provider is set. What provider are you using? Most German providers should be in the APN list already. You can check apns-conf.xml file in /system/etc to see if your provider is in with the correct settings.

daveyacarter
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Have to say, i have flashed just about every rom on the net for the Vega and this is the best yet. Flash is flawless and iplayer works just as it should. Have my Vega oc to 1.4ghz and all is good.

What plans do you have for future improvements?

:) Thanks, Dave.

Tags
3g support, advent vega, pov mobii, viewpad 10s