I'm on my first full day so can report on this a bit now.
I'm trying out the stock client with an ES 2010 server. Some nice surprises:
- Full folder structure accessible
- Server search
- Task sync (!)
- Decent interface (don't love the dark background for the email list...)
- Syncs faster than my Atrix running Froyo
- Nice little widget icon showing unread emails
- it's got a crazy 2-pane inbox view w/preview when in landscape mode (think tablet view or desktop Outlook) - this is really cool!
- Out of office setting
On the downside, the email list widget sucks - it doesn't scroll and only shows 3 most recent (not even unread) emails so that's a bit of a disappointment. Also the calendar widgets are nice but they're too large and not resizable. Thankfully Calwidget works fine.
I'm going to try to live with it. I have a paid TD license and I had gotten used to their widgets on my Atrix, but I suspect stock is more battery friendly.
Fido Galaxy S4 i337m | 16GB + 64GB Micro SD | Sapphire | stock rooted | no CWM yet!
HTC One X+ | Black | N. American LTE | 64GB | Elegancia 4.8.0 (JB 4.1.1)
MacBook Air 2012 i7 2.0Ghz | 512GB SSD | Thunderbolt display
iPad Mini 32GB Wi-Fi