Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB problem

Tip us?

p1gnone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] USB problem

USB on my 2year7month old Captivate stopped being recognized by PCs -- so no longer can I pass data:, files, roms etc..

Did I toggle some Settings menu item or is it just wearing out? Should I send it off to MobileTechVideos to repair it? Would be dumb if I toggled some software item yesterday.. It is on CM10 nightlies, and I rolled back to the previous night when USB-recognition had still functioned, in the case that some aspect of the most recent nightly had caused the problem. No go.

I just got the Note2 last week, so this one is Sim-less, but I'm not ready to let this carrier unlocked, quad-band GSM travel-ready phone go.

Any ideas of how to test it? or what I could have done?
i605: CM10.2 nightlies --originally rooted 20121203

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1696

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gnone View Post
USB on my 2year7month old Captivate stopped being recognized by PCs -- so no longer can I pass data:, files, roms etc..

Did I toggle some Settings menu item or is it just wearing out? Should I send it off to MobileTechVideos to repair it? Would be dumb if I toggled some software item yesterday.. It is on CM10 nightlies, and I rolled back to the previous night when USB-recognition had still functioned, in the case that some aspect of the most recent nightly had caused the problem. No go.

I just got the Note2 last week, so this one is Sim-less, but I'm not ready to let this carrier unlocked, quad-band GSM travel-ready phone go.

Any ideas of how to test it? or what I could have done?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953930

There's a start. there might be other things but we'll see after you go through those
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
LG G3 D852
ROM: Stock debloated
Kernel: 3.4.0
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p1gnone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953930

There's a start. there might be other things but we'll see after you go through those
Had, of course, rebooted many times, but ...

And while simple
UNIVERSAL FIRST STEPS FOR CONNECTION ISSUES
1. Turn off both devices - and I do mean full power-down. Go ahead and pull the phone's battery, if necessary.

I still am very appreciative of the your resolving recommendation.. All is well.
i605: CM10.2 nightlies --originally rooted 20121203
The Following User Says Thank You to p1gnone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1696

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

And while simple
1. Turn off both devices - and I do mean full power-down. Go ahead and pull the phone's battery, if necessary.

I still am very appreciative of the your resolving recommendation.. All is well.
Don't forget to thank 4-2ndtwin for his guide too

Glad I could help!
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
LG G3 D852
ROM: Stock debloated
Kernel: 3.4.0
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uthavaakkarai
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:

And while simple

I had exactly same issue [check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2030609] & I also rebotted the phone zillion times.. but removing the batter completly did the trick. Thanks to you & thanks to 4-2ndtwin for the guide and thanks to BWolf56 for pointing to the guide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uthavaakkarai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
usb