[Q] USB problem

OP p1gnone

13th December 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
watchung
Thanks Meter: 6

141 posts
More
USB on my 2year7month old Captivate stopped being recognized by PCs -- so no longer can I pass data:, files, roms etc..

Did I toggle some Settings menu item or is it just wearing out? Should I send it off to MobileTechVideos to repair it? Would be dumb if I toggled some software item yesterday.. It is on CM10 nightlies, and I rolled back to the previous night when USB-recognition had still functioned, in the case that some aspect of the most recent nightly had caused the problem. No go.

I just got the Note2 last week, so this one is Sim-less, but I'm not ready to let this carrier unlocked, quad-band GSM travel-ready phone go.

Any ideas of how to test it? or what I could have done?
13th December 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,706

3,888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gnone

USB on my 2year7month old Captivate stopped being recognized by PCs -- so no longer can I pass data:, files, roms etc..

Did I toggle some Settings menu item or is it just wearing out? Should I send it off to MobileTechVideos to repair it? Would be dumb if I toggled some software item yesterday.. It is on CM10 nightlies, and I rolled back to the previous night when USB-recognition had still functioned, in the case that some aspect of the most recent nightly had caused the problem. No go.

I just got the Note2 last week, so this one is Sim-less, but I'm not ready to let this carrier unlocked, quad-band GSM travel-ready phone go.

Any ideas of how to test it? or what I could have done?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953930

There's a start. there might be other things but we'll see after you go through those
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
watchung
Thanks Meter: 6

141 posts
More
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953930

There's a start. there might be other things but we'll see after you go through those

Had, of course, rebooted many times, but ...

And while simple
UNIVERSAL FIRST STEPS FOR CONNECTION ISSUES
1. Turn off both devices - and I do mean full power-down. Go ahead and pull the phone's battery, if necessary.

I still am very appreciative of the your resolving recommendation.. All is well.
The Following User Says Thank You to p1gnone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,706

3,888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

And while simple
1. Turn off both devices - and I do mean full power-down. Go ahead and pull the phone's battery, if necessary.

I still am very appreciative of the your resolving recommendation.. All is well.

Don't forget to thank 4-2ndtwin for his guide too

Glad I could help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2012, 06:52 AM   |  #5  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:

And while simple

I had exactly same issue [check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2030609] & I also rebotted the phone zillion times.. but removing the batter completly did the trick. Thanks to you & thanks to 4-2ndtwin for the guide and thanks to BWolf56 for pointing to the guide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uthavaakkarai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
usb
Previous Thread Next Thread