FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] USB problem

13th December 2012, 04:23 PM |#1  
p1gnone's Avatar
OP Senior Member
watchung
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
USB on my 2year7month old Captivate stopped being recognized by PCs -- so no longer can I pass data:, files, roms etc..

Did I toggle some Settings menu item or is it just wearing out? Should I send it off to MobileTechVideos to repair it? Would be dumb if I toggled some software item yesterday.. It is on CM10 nightlies, and I rolled back to the previous night when USB-recognition had still functioned, in the case that some aspect of the most recent nightly had caused the problem. No go.

I just got the Note2 last week, so this one is Sim-less, but I'm not ready to let this carrier unlocked, quad-band GSM travel-ready phone go.

Any ideas of how to test it? or what I could have done?
 
 
13th December 2012, 04:57 PM |#2  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,747
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gnone

USB on my 2year7month old Captivate stopped being recognized by PCs -- so no longer can I pass data:, files, roms etc..

Did I toggle some Settings menu item or is it just wearing out? Should I send it off to MobileTechVideos to repair it? Would be dumb if I toggled some software item yesterday.. It is on CM10 nightlies, and I rolled back to the previous night when USB-recognition had still functioned, in the case that some aspect of the most recent nightly had caused the problem. No go.

I just got the Note2 last week, so this one is Sim-less, but I'm not ready to let this carrier unlocked, quad-band GSM travel-ready phone go.

Any ideas of how to test it? or what I could have done?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953930

There's a start. there might be other things but we'll see after you go through those
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2012, 05:23 PM |#3  
p1gnone's Avatar
OP Senior Member
watchung
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953930

There's a start. there might be other things but we'll see after you go through those

Had, of course, rebooted many times, but ...

And while simple
UNIVERSAL FIRST STEPS FOR CONNECTION ISSUES
...
1. Turn off both devices - and I do mean full power-down. Go ahead and pull the phone's battery, if necessary.
...

I still am very appreciative of the your resolving recommendation.. All is well.
The Following User Says Thank You to p1gnone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2012, 05:31 PM |#4  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,747
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gnone

Had, of course, rebooted many times, but ...

And while simple
UNIVERSAL FIRST STEPS FOR CONNECTION ISSUES
...
1. Turn off both devices - and I do mean full power-down. Go ahead and pull the phone's battery, if necessary.
...

I still am very appreciative of the your resolving recommendation.. All is well.

Don't forget to thank 4-2ndtwin for his guide too

Glad I could help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2012, 05:52 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gnone

Had, of course, rebooted many times, but ...

And while simple
UNIVERSAL FIRST STEPS FOR CONNECTION ISSUES
...
1. Turn off both devices - and I do mean full power-down. Go ahead and pull the phone's battery, if necessary.
...

I still am very appreciative of the your resolving recommendation.. All is well.

I had exactly same issue [check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2030609] & I also rebotted the phone zillion times.. but removing the batter completly did the trick. Thanks to you & thanks to 4-2ndtwin for the guide and thanks to BWolf56 for pointing to the guide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uthavaakkarai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
usb
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes