Problem flashing Orange San Francisco
Having read the various forum postings here and on modaco site, I have a problem
that I'm not managing to resolve regarding flashing
my Gen 1 OSF with stock Orange 2.1 to a different rom.
Hoping one of the gurus/techs/wizards here could help? Please?
Here's what I did:
1. Rooted using Universal Androot including SuperUser
2. Used Rom Manager to flash ClockworkMod Recovery
3. Clicked on the backup current ROM button
Here's what happened:
1. Device rebooted once, came to green android screen and booted up very quickly, no backup on SD card
2. Using Rom Manager, tried to reboot into recovery, get 'An error occured attempting to run privileged commands!'
3. Using Rom Manager, tried to flash new rom from SD card, get 'An error occured attempting to run privileged commands!'
4. Tried to do a factory reset, device reboots, gets to green android screen (probably fails to get into recovery mode), reboots again and loads up as normal. Unable to factory reset
5. Tried to reboot with volume- into recovery mode. As long as volume- pressed, endless cycle of rebooting to green android screen - presumably can't get into recovery mode.
6. Tried to reboot with volume+, device boots up normally, Can't get into fastboot
7. Tried Recovery Manager, but App won't load with 'The application Recovery Manager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close'. Keeps crashing and won't load.
Now stuck with device I can't update the ROM on and can't restore to factory settings.
Any suggestions as to how I could do either flash a new ROM or restore the stock ROM to factory settings, would be gratefully appreciated.
Is there any software I could use to restore to factory settings? Is there any other way of flashing the Swedish Spring RLS5 ROM?
Look forward to hearing your advice/comments/suggestions. Many thanks in advance (otherwise I'm forced to go back to my WinMo 6.1 device!)
UPDATE: problem solved by flashing clockworkmod image file using recovery manager.