[ROM] [RELEASE] BravoX RC2 by bandroidx
[copied from my development thread in the general section for easy finding of people unaware of that thread]
Ok I got all the bugs worked out and I think it's ready for public testing.
May i present the first ROM for the Motorola Bravo:
BravoX RC2 by bandroidX
-Fully Deodexed Framework and Apps
--Deodexed means fully themeable
-Optimized/zip aligned apks
--All ATT Bloat (except FM Radio app)
--Vlingo, Where and YP
--Vsuite voice commander is gone
-Atrix Forest Live Wallpaper (weather changing)
-Atrix ringtones and notifications
-Wifi Tethering is included
-New bootanimation thanks to heydabop!
-stock swype (deodexed) included
-you will retain root, superuser, busybox, and bravo recovery.
NOTE: if you have swype beta I would recommend uninstalling it first and ridding your phone of all swype beta files. then flash the rom, then remove the stock swype and its lib and then install swype beta. if you are using stock swype you can just flash the rom.
1) Bootstrap Recovery using my bootstrap recovery app (found in the android market, now that I am done with the ROM I will focus on finishing the ad supported version of the app, for now please consider supporting my work and buying recovery from the market)
2) Perform a nandroid backup.
3) Dont wipe anything!
4) Select to flash the zip from your sdcard.
5) reboot. the update.zip will wipe your dalvik cache for you which will slow down your next boot, let it take a while, dont pull the battery.
6) Go to about and confirm it says bravoX RC2. The boot animation should be good proof the flash worked too
dl link short: http://bit.ly/lFVth4
Download Link2: http://ubuntuone.com/p/rBu/
Enjoy! Consider flashing heydabop's battery mod, hopefully many more will use the rom as a starting point, i encourage you to make some cool flashable themes!
Motorola Bravo Overclock App: Release thread
CWM Bootstrap for the AT&T Motrola Bravo (Kobe): My Development Thread
(4/23/11 - Released!)
BravoX ROM for Motorola Bravo: Release Post 5/4/11
Non-Market Apps Enabler For Motorola ATT (now supports non-moto brands too!) Phones (atrix, bravo, etc):
Follow me on twitter: @bandroidx