[ROM][5/6/2011] Virtuous Fusion :: Gingerbread Sense 3.0/3D (v1.0.0)
Welcome to our latest creation, Virtuous Fusion. It is the first fully functional, properly scaled Sense 3.0 ROM for the G2/DZ. Before going any further, it is important to note that Fusion is a different product than base Virtuous. The "Fusion" ROM will exist until Sense 3.0 has natively become available on our devices, if ever. Virtuous proper
will continue to be updated and maintained as it always has been, following official HTC releases.
Fusion was made possible by the amazing work of Flemmard
, who reverse engineered the m10 format and built an encoder/decoder. The two of them also made the specific adjustments necessary to this particular ROM's applications. It was also a collaborative effort across the DHD and G2/DZ communities. Cappychimp and I worked closely throughout the entire process, with support from numerous others. Thank you to everyone involved.
- Fully functional and properly scaled Sense 3.0.
- Based on components from Sniper911's leaks of Rider (1.27.1010.0), Kingdom (0.81.651.0) and DZ Sense GB 2.30.405.1.
- All device hardware should be fully functional, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
- Kernel 126.96.36.199 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.
- Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
- Deodexed (as leaked) and zipaligned.
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
- Massive APNS list.
- You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).
- Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.
- Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.
- Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. The lengthy first boot time is due to the dexopts process and installation of /data/apps. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.
- After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.
Credit and Acknowledgements
- There are some remaining graphical glitches. Most of them are minor but feel free to report them.
- Landscape mode does not work for Rosie, even with the keyboard extended.
- Non-HTC widgets function but are not scaled perfectly; they may appear small and offset to the left. HTC provides plenty of awesome widgets, so I suggest using those.
Thank you to the following people for their help putting this ROM together: Flemmard, Diamondback, Cappychimp, eViL D:, siulimagic, rafyvitto, 911Sniper and all the testers who subjected their devices to test builds in order to provide essential feedback.
As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.