Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][5/6/2011] Virtuous Fusion :: Gingerbread Sense 3.0/3D (v1.0.0)

Tip us?

rmk40
Old
(Last edited by rmk40; 18th May 2011 at 11:58 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,591

DONATE TO ME
Cool [ROM][5/6/2011] Virtuous Fusion :: Gingerbread Sense 3.0/3D (v1.0.0)

Fusion

Welcome to our latest creation, Virtuous Fusion. It is the first fully functional, properly scaled Sense 3.0 ROM for the G2/DZ. Before going any further, it is important to note that Fusion is a different product than base Virtuous. The "Fusion" ROM will exist until Sense 3.0 has natively become available on our devices, if ever. Virtuous proper will continue to be updated and maintained as it always has been, following official HTC releases.

Fusion was made possible by the amazing work of Flemmard and Diamondback, who reverse engineered the m10 format and built an encoder/decoder. The two of them also made the specific adjustments necessary to this particular ROM's applications. It was also a collaborative effort across the DHD and G2/DZ communities. Cappychimp and I worked closely throughout the entire process, with support from numerous others. Thank you to everyone involved.

Screenshots

Features
  • Fully functional and properly scaled Sense 3.0.

• Based on components from Sniper911's leaks of Rider (1.27.1010.0), Kingdom (0.81.651.0) and DZ Sense GB 2.30.405.1.

• All device hardware should be fully functional, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Deodexed (as leaked) and zipaligned.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

• Massive APNS list.

Installation
  1. You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).

2. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

3. Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

4. Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. The lengthy first boot time is due to the dexopts process and installation of /data/apps. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.

5. After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.

Known Issues
  • There are some remaining graphical glitches. Most of them are minor but feel free to report them.

• Landscape mode does not work for Rosie, even with the keyboard extended.

• Non-HTC widgets function but are not scaled perfectly; they may appear small and offset to the left. HTC provides plenty of awesome widgets, so I suggest using those.

Credit and Acknowledgements

Thank you to the following people for their help putting this ROM together: Flemmard, Diamondback, Cappychimp, eViL D:, siulimagic, rafyvitto, 911Sniper and all the testers who subjected their devices to test builds in order to provide essential feedback.

Disclaimer

As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.

Download ROM Here (340MB)
(MD5: 356380f8efcc7a993d3dd4c06c5574b7)

Download Virtuous Sense GB Kernel
(MD5: b3bfab04efde24c03cf1f298d26b4b7b)

Donations are always welcome and greatly appreciated. Remember to hit the "Thanks" button.
The Following 192 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rmk40
Old
Thanks Meter 4,591

DONATE TO ME
Reserved for future use.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rmk40
Old
Thanks Meter 4,591

DONATE TO ME
Also reserved for future use.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xboarder56
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 4,425

DONATE TO ME
Thanks rmk so much for the work that you do keep it up
The Following User Says Thank You to xboarder56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DanWilson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
I hate you. All the work I've been doing on a Kingdom port to then get Sense 3.0 on the DZ, then you hit out with this?

Well done bro. I'm still working on my port though. I hate stealing work. Well. Major work. Like a ROM. Other things are cool. And if they're given to me. Thats cool.

Although if you could upload a simple Kingdom port without the other stuff... I keep getting boot loops on the splash screen. XD
The Following User Says Thank You to DanWilson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stoned99
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Wow! Great news! Can't wait to try it. Hope you fix the landscape soon as this is going to be a perfect rom. wow! Can't wait
The Following User Says Thank You to stoned99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lainvalenajr
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Cool. Will try when you get it out

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Koopabro
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Looooove you <3
HTC One X (HTC__001)
Latest stock rom

zainqaiser
Old
Thanks Meter 33
OMG.....Awesome....i have been eagerly waiting for it since i read your tweet yesterday..... Man i must say u r really awesome.....thanks for giving us g2/dz owners so many awesome goodies :) ...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

l.m.prowse
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Default <3

This is amazing! Thank you soo much, I'm guessing we're just waiting for it to upload now? Will be flashing the second I get hold of it

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe