Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Not yet

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

daiuton

Aug 29, 2010
Duluth, Georgia
If you like that I'm doing this, then a thanks is cool, PLEASE DONATE, TIME OR MONEY BUT GIVE SOMETHING TO THESE DEVS!
http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.php?356-Honeycomb-on-the-Adam-(Updated)

New - No more partition editing required!
HC16JUN2011

HD Video
-Changelog

Like with any rom, YOU MUST WIPE CACHE, SYSTEM AND DATA, this rom especially, the is a pre alpha and has issues with cache, if you don't clear your info every time you will run into problems. I also clear Dalvik Cache and Battery Stats.

Old info on how to partition

STEP 1 – You need the new NVFlash click here for the unpartitioned onces(may need these)

NVflash edit- pretty simple you need to change the android fastboot full, you'll find that file towards the top of the nvflash folder or you can download my premade ones: (BUT I DIDN'T FORCE YOU TO DOWNLOAD THESE, IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE BY USING THESE THEN YOU BRICKED IT NOT ME, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Sorry about the mega upload, working on getting my server up, also CWM is untested, it had some problems but I believe that was due to file size.
Clockwork Mod folder

Stock Recovery Folder

The section your looking for looks like this
[partition]
name=APP
id=9
type=data
allocation_policy=sequential
filesystem_type=yaffs2
size=209715200 <---(here is the money)
file_system_attribute=0
partition_attribute=0
allocation_attribute=0x10
percent_reserved=0
filename=system.img

minus the arrow and the here is the money you'll find the size listed as 209715200, you need to change that to 536870912, once you save go to here to setup your APX drivers and prepare to flash according to the link

STEP 1.1 – THIS IS FOR CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY ONLY Download Here
Make a copy of your nvflash folder, I name it PIXEL QI CW Mod

STEP 1.2 – THIS IS FOR CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY ONLY
Thank you darknao
Quick & Dirty method :
Extract the recovery.img from the clockwork.zip, and copy it to the nvflash folder(replace the original one).

Step 2
You need then to put your device into force recovery mode, so turn off your device, then power it on while holding the power + the volume down button till a orange and a yellow lite light up.

Step 3
Run the download.bat file described in the nvflash or unbrick your adam thread - now you can change the file name of the rom to update.zip and flash freely!

Attachments

• android_fastboot_full.zip
    565 bytes · Views: 265
Last edited:

daiuton

Aug 29, 2010
Duluth, Georgia
Any idea when we'll get gapps working? Or you just linking to what they have done? Thanks for working to spread the word.

Gapps are included however this build didn't have them, they had alot of problems with the sync feature, but in theory you should be able to use the latest gingerbread gapps, I will test that right now.

-OK I tested it out, the google setup frooze up on me, after restarting I was able to get into the initial setup, but I have the wifi only model, so I'm going to look into the gapp issue, see if I can find a way around.

-Tried a couple more copies of gapps including a HC edit for the nook sdk HC-- I would press more into this but with the rate of the updates I think its kinda pointless, for now Im going to adb push the market and see what I can get working, hopefully not in-vain since MrGuy and DJSteve move so fast with the updates.

Last edited:

no6969el

Jan 22, 2009
after you use nvflash it will start to boot.. (this would be before flashing update zip) so should I power it down while its booting that first time in order to reboot to recovery and flash the zip?

daiuton

Aug 29, 2010
Duluth, Georgia
I do but you don't have to if you use clockwork mod, it doesn't really matter, since you will be building your Dalvik cache once you install your rom.

Last edited:

jakobdroid

Dec 3, 2008
Detroit
$ ./download.sh
./nvflash: ./nvflash: cannot execute binary file

can anyone help me with this error i am getting when trying to run the downlaod script

jakobdroid

Dec 3, 2008
Detroit
osx, i already changed the file. what is apx mode? my adam has CWM on it, i understand that i am not supposed to have it for this HC rom. can i use the recovery image in the nvflash folder?

Last edited:

daiuton

Aug 29, 2010
Duluth, Georgia
osx, i already changed the file. what is apx mode? my adam has CWM on it, i understand that i am not supposed to have it for this HC rom. can i use the recovery image in the nvflash folder?

APX is the force recovery, the drivers are included with the NVflash, you must put your device into force recovery, with your device off you press volume down + power till you get your two lights to light up by the power cord, it'll be red and yellow, this is force recovery mode, I am using CW with it and I have listed above how to flash the CW with the increased partition. If you can't figure it out I will be adding the NVflash files with CW mode and non CW mode with the partition edits tonight. I will be turning the change log into a FAQ as well.

somesayinice

Mar 29, 2008
Just flashed the ROM and it is awesome. I was just wondering how to get a file managers working. I can't see my sd card. But otherwise, its amazing that honeycomb is up so fast.

jakobdroid

Dec 3, 2008
Detroit
okay my adam is in apx mode, i did your steps for using CWM, but im still getting the error:

i used chmod on the download.sh file, as well as nvflash. any idea whats going wrong?

daiuton

Aug 29, 2010
Duluth, Georgia
okay my adam is in apx mode, i did your steps for using CWM, but im still getting the error:

i used chmod on the download.sh file, as well as nvflash. any idea whats going wrong?

I'm downloading the file now, working on military lines so its slow to download but that way I can get a better idea of whats going on, also whats your operating system.

somesayinice

Mar 29, 2008

Sounds like you're using linux like me. Are you on ubuntu. Cause I tried and tried and even with chmod and sudo and still got the same error. Consider this post though from: http://notioninkhacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1651&start=30

Hey gibson, thanks heaps for that! Actually, yourncomment before asking which folder I was in did it. Very strange, I had to run the commands from 2 folders above the extracted one, then symlink all the other files into the folder I was running from. Will post more later for people who run into similar issues, likely over at the unbricking thread. For now I've got a dualboot setup, and am running a minimal natty rootstock. I tried using the full omap4 image (ubuntu's default arm), but could only get it booting with lots of errors and no gui. Will be aiming to install the netbook desktop (unity 2d) in the next few days.

Re the post above, rayman's boot image already includes the kernel, so it's not needed in the rootstock command. Re the other options, probably will work, but remember rootstock is limited in what you can build... I.e., unless you have heaps of physical ram, you will probably only be able to build a few packages. Head over to xda, and the ubuntu on adam thread there for more info. We have experimented a lot with rootstock builds, and some of that might be useful.

Has anyone tried raymans boot.img with a natty rootstock? Did it work, and has anyone gotten a 2d unity gui up and running? My minimal natty rootstock boots fine, though I notice a few errors. Not sure if they are problematic or not. In any case, the build I made seems to be missing some important wireless tools, so I will likely rebuild it again with them in it soon. Am I likely to run into any problems using rayman's boot image, and steveh's kernel, with a natty build? Happy to post up my work if I get anything decent. Cheers.

L3st

Apr 8, 2011
Madrid
Two problems here:

-How can i mount the adam with the computer? To move next updates and update in the next releases
-There is any gapps working (market,etc...)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you like that I'm doing this, then a thanks is cool, PLEASE DONATE, TIME OR MONEY BUT GIVE SOMETHING TO THESE DEVS!
    http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.php?356-Honeycomb-on-the-Adam-(Updated)

New - No more partition editing required!
    HC16JUN2011

HD Video
    -Changelog

Like with any rom, YOU MUST WIPE CACHE, SYSTEM AND DATA, this rom especially, the is a pre alpha and has issues with cache, if you don't clear your info every time you will run into problems. I also clear Dalvik Cache and Battery Stats.

Old info on how to partition

STEP 1 – You need the new NVFlash click here for the unpartitioned onces(may need these)

NVflash edit- pretty simple you need to change the android fastboot full, you'll find that file towards the top of the nvflash folder or you can download my premade ones: (BUT I DIDN'T FORCE YOU TO DOWNLOAD THESE, IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE BY USING THESE THEN YOU BRICKED IT NOT ME, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Sorry about the mega upload, working on getting my server up, also CWM is untested, it had some problems but I believe that was due to file size.
    Clockwork Mod folder

Stock Recovery Folder

The section your looking for looks like this
    [partition]
    name=APP
    id=9
    type=data
    allocation_policy=sequential
    filesystem_type=yaffs2
    size=209715200 <---(here is the money)
    file_system_attribute=0
    partition_attribute=0
    allocation_attribute=0x10
    percent_reserved=0
    filename=system.img

minus the arrow and the here is the money you'll find the size listed as 209715200, you need to change that to 536870912, once you save go to here to setup your APX drivers and prepare to flash according to the link

STEP 1.1 – THIS IS FOR CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY ONLY Download Here
    Make a copy of your nvflash folder, I name it PIXEL QI CW Mod

STEP 1.2 – THIS IS FOR CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY ONLY
    Thank you darknao
    Quick & Dirty method :
    Extract the recovery.img from the clockwork.zip, and copy it to the nvflash folder(replace the original one).

Step 2
    You need then to put your device into force recovery mode, so turn off your device, then power it on while holding the power + the volume down button till a orange and a yellow lite light up.

Step 3
    Run the download.bat file described in the nvflash or unbrick your adam thread - now you can change the file name of the rom to update.zip and flash freely!
    Yesterdays rom installed no problem, I used the same procedure today but it will stay looping at ANDROID. was really looking forward to using the new update but something was changed that is preventing me from flashing now. Using CWM same as yesterday, I even took the time to redownload all that was needed and retry. no luck.

You need to wipe data/cache. Even over older versions of HC.
    I saw some people asking for a video on how to install honeycomb.. I made one just before so here it is.. enjoy

Honeycomb Installation Video (9min)

You obviously dont need to put astro in the zip file but I like to have it.

Also consider this: http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-895388.html
    HC15!

HC 15 has been posted over on Tabletroms!