FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Fisheye'd lens attachment for the G2x.

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By flexnix, Senior Member on 7th May 2011, 07:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Don't drool! Welcome the first G2x with a fisheye'd lense. It's a completely removable. I used this same lense on my Samsung Vibrant (and the sample photos you'll see below are from the Vibrant, NOT the G2x just yet). Now my G2x will be doing all the work.

The lens has a magnetic ring on the rear and then you apply a ring as well to the camera on your phone that has some adhesive in the rear of it.

Some of you will ask where I got it from. Well. There are several types on the internet of the same brand, but this one seems to give the best picture and less blurriness around the edges. It rocks.

Only issue I see is the flash will be semi-blocked and might cause odd lighting. Since I came from the Samsung Vibrant it won't be such a big deal to turn the flash off for the time being.









Some sample photos with the Samsung Vibrant and the fish eye. I'll get some better shots soon with the G2x. The Vibrant's cam wasn't the best either. :/





 
 
7th May 2011, 07:44 AM |#2  
KRAZYADROIDMASTER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Cool idea.
7th May 2011, 12:35 PM |#3  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,034
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexnix

Don't drool! Welcome the first G2x with a fisheye'd lense. It's a completely removable. I used this same lense on my Samsung Vibrant (and the sample photos you'll see below are from the Vibrant, NOT the G2x just yet). Now my G2x will be doing all the work.

The lens has a magnetic ring on the rear and then you apply a ring as well to the camera on your phone that has some adhesive in the rear of it.

Some of you will ask where I got it from. Well. There are several types on the internet of the same brand, but this one seems to give the best picture and less blurriness around the edges. It rocks.

Only issue I see is the flash will be semi-blocked and might cause odd lighting. Since I came from the Samsung Vibrant it won't be such a big deal to turn the flash off for the time being.









Some sample photos with the Samsung Vibrant and the fish eye. I'll get some better shots soon with the G2x. The Vibrant's cam wasn't the best either. :/





First question where do I get this
Second question where do I get this

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
7th May 2011, 08:21 PM |#4  
uploder's Avatar
Senior Member
North FL
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
^ 3rd question. was quoting all those pics necessary?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uploder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2011, 08:34 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Palm Beach South Florida
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Ive seen these on other phones, I actually wanted to pick up a standard zoom. I miss the optical zoom from my N1
anyone have any experience with a seller that has a kit with a few lens types? zoom,fisheye ect
8th May 2011, 01:28 AM |#6  
WorldWide60's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta Ga
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uploder

^ 3rd question. was quoting all those pics necessary?

No ****! That's one of the most annoying things on the interweb.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
8th May 2011, 01:34 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Palm Beach South Florida
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide60

No ****! That's one of the most annoying things on the interweb.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

I hate to be a typical dogpiler here but I really agree lol
when I reply to a topic with pix I delete the pic links unless they are relevant to my reply.
but then again there could be a whole forum dedicated to just forum etiquette haha
8th May 2011, 01:52 AM |#8  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,034
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uploder

^ 3rd question. was quoting all those pics necessary?

I'm on my phone don't feel like editing.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
8th May 2011, 01:53 AM |#9  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,034
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide60

No ****! That's one of the most annoying things on the interweb.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

You want to know whats annoying....people complaining about something they have no control over

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to charlieb620 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2011, 02:48 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Would this same company make a macro lens or does someone know where i can get one?
8th May 2011, 03:04 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Palm Beach South Florida
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlilysdad

Would this same company make a macro lens or does someone know where i can get one?

Ive seen a few Macro,wide,and fisheye lenses on ebay

Id like to find maybe a combo pack but the ones Ive seen are $60 and come with a huge telephoto lens

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes