Hi - I'm a new Android developer and would like to get your feedback on my first app, Connection Checker.
Description: If your Wifi or Mobile connection drops out all the time, Connection Checker will let you know when your network is down and will try to fix it.
Use it when you have crummy Wifi connections or when your mobile connection disconnects too often.
The current market version of Connection Checker uses in-app billing for some features, but I'm going to be releasing a full paid version shortly. I've included the apk for the paid version below. Any feedback you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
PS: I've mostly been a lurker on XDA, so if this post is inappropriate I apologize.
Market link for the free version:
Market link to Pro (paid app):
Beta Pro version: (beta V1.0.12)
* The "Mobile Action" is only selectable in Froyo and Older. This is to reduce confusion because that option doesn't work in Gingerbread and later. Also other minor preference panel changes.
* You can now select between toggling Airplane mode and toggling just the mobile connection. (This only works on 2.2 and older devices).
* Added option to stop check when Bluetooth is enabled.
* Improved some translations
* Reliability fix for Toggle Airplane (and mobile)
* Major reliability improvement - much more accurate connection check
* Added support for Japanese and Korean in app
At me constantly disappears gprs on an insertion 2.3! How this program can cure? htc desire reflex s 1.9.9
Hey - This program is really designed to detect when the internet appears to be working, but doesn't actually work. If the connection is actually dropping out on you, this app can't make it *not* drop out.
There are still quite a few of folks who run Gingerbread on their … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?