HOW TO: Temp Root for DInc2
This is for n00bs like myself that had to search around before getting into this and doing it correctly. A lot was copied from the Inc S thread, but felt the instructions were needed here so no need for searching there and crowding their forum with our questions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1039015
Psneuter exploit is working on DInc2, but because /system is locked on s-on phones, we can't copy su and superuser.apk into /system, apps required root access can't work.
The following procedure uses psenuter exploit to gain adb shell root, and then copy su (without privilege control ) and busybox into /sbin (which is on rootfs and in the global PATH list) to gain root access for apps.
1. Install the HTC Sync software or PDANet software to install drivers for your phone to Windows
2. Ensure that the device is in USB Debug mode, go to Settings > Applications > Development and "tick" USB debugging and plug in your phone to your PC
3. Unzip the attached .zip into a directory (like c:\adb)
4. Open a command prompt by going to start > run and running CMD, and cd to the directory where you extracted the .zip (like cd \adb)
5. Type "adb devices" > enter, and ensure that your device has been detected
6. Run the "pushroot.bat" file
7. Type "adb shell /data/local/tmp/getroot" > enter
8. Type "adb shell" > enter
9. You are now in # prompt. Type "/data/local/tmp/pushroot"
After the last step, a new # line appears. That's it! You're temporarily rooted
You have to redo steps 7, 8, 9 once you reboot your phone.
The procedure will have all apps gaining root access.
!!USE ON YOUR OWN RISK!!
Known working programs: Root explorer, Titanium backup, gscript lite, trasproxy 2.04, ...
Some apps check existence of su in /system/xbin , and reject to proceed if the su binary is not exist (like transproxy 3.08). For this kind of apps, this procedure won't help.
I run Bloat Freezer to rid the VZW apps