Just got this phone!
Just picked up this phone to replace my Samsung Captivate, and I just thought I'd list out some pros and cons of having the Play vs the Galaxy S Captivate.
- GPS locks nearly instantaneously, indoors, to an accuracy of 8 meters.
- Gaming controls obviously.
- Much better UI than Touchwiz (though that was fixed on the Captivate with custom ROMs, I'm actually liking Sony's UI better than stock Android).
- Battery life! Dear god, battery life. My Samsung went for just barely a day with pretty minimal usage (checking emails, sending texts).
- The speakers on the Play blow every other phone away. Hands down.
- The screen. The Captivate's screen absolutely destroys this phone's. While the Play's is adequate, the Captivate's was simply astonishing.
- Weight and slimness. This is a given with the gaming controls, but it may be important to note for some. I can't even feel the Captivate in my pocket, while the Play has a noticeable presence.
- Internal memory. The captivate gives you 16gb to play with right from the start in addition to having an SD card slot for expansion. Going from 32gb total to 16gb total is going to be a little bit annoying.
Definitely a worthy upgrade in my eyes. I can't wait to load this thing with tons of emulators and get some retro gaming going.