More
http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/01...ed-bootloader/

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
2nd January 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag palm springs
Thanks Meter: 16

75 posts
More
Wrong forum, that is about the new transformer prime, not the original transformer
2nd January 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia,USA
Thanks Meter: 371

1,008 posts
More
Yea I know just wanted anyone know who might want to get the prime... also for future products/updates they might release..

sent from epic 4g
2nd January 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag Some small village
Thanks Meter: 115

1,119 posts
Original Transformer also has locked bootloader. Just lucky for most of us the key was leaked.
2nd January 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 562

983 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullinvoid

Wrong forum, that is about the new transformer prime, not the original transformer

Its very pertinent here.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
3rd January 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 68

411 posts
More
However the Prime forums are in a bit of an uproar about it.

As I am opposed to locked/encrypted bootloaders I post this link so we may all let Asus know that we don't want to see any more of encrypted bootloaders.
3rd January 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 562

983 posts
More
Tweeted as requested! Seems prime has more enthusiasts than we do right now.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
3rd January 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 422

1,090 posts
God I really hate these internet mediastorm campaigns full of spotty teenagers complaining about crap like this and starting Facebook petitions and all to try and change corporate decisions. They flood blogs and news sites will their crap.

Go buy an Xoom if it really bothers you that much.

Comments like this really are embarrassing (not for Asus, but the whole human race).

Quote:

Jermiah Fortier

Unlock this Bootloader on the prime you scumbags.

I bought this device and I demand I be allowed to use it. I will be advising everyone that I know is in the market for a tablet to avoid Asus until something is done.

Someone want to tell him he can already USE it..... He makes it sound like a power-on password. If anything unlocking the bootloader will REDUCE functionality, as it would almost certainly mean you would no longer have a secure device that could rent content, any unlocking would remove DRM keys.

Both my devices are rooted with unlocked bootloaders, however I don't DEMAND it, I research the products and buy the ones that allow it (or have leaked keys). Had the Asus not had the bootloader keys leaked, I would have bought something else (Xoom for eample). Let market forces dictate, not dumb Facebook and mediastorm bullcrap.
Last edited by CrazyPeter; 3rd January 2012 at 04:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyPeter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 139

651 posts
Got to love our first world problems. I'd much rather worry about a locked bootloader digital device then where im going to get my next meal or whether we have fresh water for the children . Send all these whining kids to south Africa or the Philippines, mayybe have them digging fighting holes in Afghanistan or building ffp 's... that will add some perspective to their "PROBLEMS"

Carry on

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App
3rd January 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 422

1,090 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraffman

Got to love our first world problems. I'd much rather worry about a locked bootloader digital device then where im going to get my next meal or whether we have fresh water for the children . Send all these whining kids to south Africa or the Philippines, mayybe have them digging fighting holes in Afghanistan or building ffp 's... that will add some perspective to their "PROBLEMS"

Carry on

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

Spot on. My sentiments exactly. It's interesting this form of internet crybaby attitude seems to be almost entirely American of origin.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread