Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GT-I9003] [FIX] Samsung Galaxy SL Easy GPS Fix

Tip us?

KonfusedGeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Arrow [GT-I9003] [FIX] Samsung Galaxy SL Easy GPS Fix

This small guide is an instant GPS Fix tried on Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 and may work on other phones. This small guide will reduce the time taken to lock to satellites and has been tested inside a building with 8 floors and I was able to achieve lock to 4 satellites.

A much better guide to GPS Fix is here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=142

Since that guide requires a little bit of manual work, so this is just a small software tweak

So here is what you have to do:

1. Turn Off GPS

2. Open LibTestMode. If you do not know how to open it then you can open it by typing the following code in the dialer (Froyo Only): *#*#3214789650#*#*

3. Under "Application settings" Change "Operation Mode" to Standalone. (Some people have reported better accuracy with MS Mode)

4. Under "Application Settings", Change "Timeout(s)" to 100

5. Under "SUPL/CP Settings" Change the SERVER & PORT to supl.google.com and port 7276

6. Reboot

NOTE: The attached screenshot is inside the building. I have received better results outside and accuracy of upto <40 feet was achieved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20110508-195003.jpg
Views:	3712
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	590209  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KonfusedGeek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S.K.Pingua
Old
(Last edited by S.K.Pingua; 11th May 2011 at 11:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Cool Cold Start- GPS.

Hi there,

My Samsung Galaxy Pro was a bit reluctant in locking on to satellite signals, it used to take no minimum than 5 minutes.

Then I chanced upon an app in the market: "GPS Aids"... Do check it

Just wanted to know your views on "GPS Aids" & such alike apps...

Im now getting GPS lock in less than 5secs with 9-10sats in view & 7 in use inside my 3storey building surrounded my such more buildings and tall trees.
The best accuracy rate I have achieved is 2metres & most of the time it is 4metres

Thanx,

S.K.Pingua,
New Delhi.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to S.K.Pingua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

woozydevotee
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Gps aids? does it really work so well? let me try it

trip007in
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Yes GPS AIDS V2 is a great software. I am getting GPS lock within 3-10 seconds on XXKB3 FW.
GIONEE ELIFE E3 | CWM 6.0.3.3 | MY OWN ROM 4.2.1 |
NOTE 2/ SG-N7100 Omega v12 ●►Jelly Bean 4.1.2[/COLOR]
MOTOROLA XOOM 3G UMTS_EVEREST/ MZ601 MY ROM DREAMCWLI-4.2.1 for UMTS EVEREST
MY WORK
(CWM recovery) GIONEE ELIFE E3 CLOCKWORKMOD v6.0.2.8
I Dont have these device anymore
SAMSUNG SGSL(GT-I9003)| GB-DDLF2|Root|Odexed|-
SAMSUNG SPICA(GT-I5700)| ANDROID 2.1

matapollos
Old
Thanks Meter 27
i'll try it and then post about thanks for the advice!

woozydevotee
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Gps aids works really well indeed, i get a lock within seconds, thanks a lot mate

sakindia123
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,165
Default Gprs

can any1 provide free gprs/3g for airtel??

awazil
Old
Thanks Meter 2
is all i9003 need this fix ? cause in my device gps is OK .

trip007in
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by awazil View Post
is all i9003 need this fix ? cause in my device gps is OK .
Its an application, not a fix. You should try once. Its amazing...
GIONEE ELIFE E3 | CWM 6.0.3.3 | MY OWN ROM 4.2.1 |
NOTE 2/ SG-N7100 Omega v12 ●►Jelly Bean 4.1.2[/COLOR]
MOTOROLA XOOM 3G UMTS_EVEREST/ MZ601 MY ROM DREAMCWLI-4.2.1 for UMTS EVEREST
MY WORK
(CWM recovery) GIONEE ELIFE E3 CLOCKWORKMOD v6.0.2.8
I Dont have these device anymore
SAMSUNG SGSL(GT-I9003)| GB-DDLF2|Root|Odexed|-
SAMSUNG SPICA(GT-I5700)| ANDROID 2.1

adgdeepak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS FIX i9003

I purchased my i9003 a fortnight back and had wonderful opinion , till the time i checked the GPS and surprisingly it did not work, could not understand how a product can be defective out of box. however when i googled for a fix , came to know there was significant issues with galaxy S phones

Contacted Samsung customer care , the technical folks have no clues and seems to from a different planet,all of them either denied there was a problem or asked me to do a hard reset, one tried to convince me for an hour that A-GPS worked only on network triangulation and did not have a actual gps and will give only an approximate location.

coming back to the problem , The earlier issues in Galaxy s related to configuration which were rectified by a fix and 2.2 update

the problem with i9003 i feel had something to do with the inbuilt sensor, i tried lot of software from android market including GPS Doctor, GPS Aids, GPS Fix, GPS Status, GPS test and GPS essentials among others... none of them were able to fix the problem , although few of them were able to detect gps satellites ( sometime even 12) but were not able to get a fix. the sad part was two of the apps were paid apps and total waste of money

In my trial and error approach I tried a software called Turbo GPS (its free) from android market, the major difference in this software vs. others was it had its own software to manage the sensors and after installing software the problem vanished. all you need to do is to run Turbo GPS wait for a couple of minutes and then start google maps. it worked like a charm.....

Tags
fix, galaxy sl, gps, i9003, samsung