Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Sensation Network Speed is it all usable?

OP zoro25

8th May 2011, 05:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

184 posts
So the Sensation has data speed upto about 17meg however I'm in UK on T-Mobile and they limit they data speeds to

Standard Tarrif = about 350k (included in most tarrifs)
WebnWalk PLus = about 1.5meg (Extra 5.00 per month)
WebnWalk Max = about 4.5meg (Extra 10.00 per month)

Not sure about Vodafone and Three and O2, however I'm guess that they also limit the max data speeds on their networks.

So besides being on a WIFI network, is anyone expecting to get the full usage out of their device data speed wise?.

This also leads to other questions like
"all of the nice new features - how much software etc can use it?) Coded to use Dual Core,
Or coded to get the max usage out of the QHD resolution? (without squashing the image)

All the new features are great to have, however only if you can make decent usage out of them.
Last edited by zoro25; 8th May 2011 at 06:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoro25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2011, 09:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag leeds
Thanks Meter: 13

405 posts
Donate to Me
More
you are spot on with the capping which is what I have found doing speediest on my wife's galaxy s and my desire. Mine being the wnw +. I think any talk of 4g will be end of this year when the big for more bandwidth or whatever they're calling it is sorted out. All I can say is shop for a good deal. Online deals seem the best. If t-mobile can't offer me a good upgrade (they offered me an early upgrade) I'll wait a month and shop elsewhere I'd never be happy with 350k speed although I'm lucky to get that at work.
8th June 2011, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

526 posts
I have just left Tmob (my HD2) for Vodafone and its been a massive improvement.

As was mentioned above Tmob cap the speed at 350k/s but they also compress all their images thus making webpage images appear blured and low res, and thats something that really shows on a 4.3" screen.

Voda so far are alot better, im usually getting speedtest.net results over 1000k/s and the images have not been tampered with. Much better
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data speed, new features, qhd, sensation
Previous Thread Next Thread