for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (GT-P1000/L/N)
*** UNOFFICIAL / ALPHA ***
a new upcoming, opensource project that is growing massively day by day - created by some of the best and most well known XDA devs, and 100% community driven.
please stop by and check out the official website above for details, or visit their XDA hosted section at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/omni
*** NOTE: this project is still very new - don't expect all the features you'd expect in the more established roms, like CM / AOKP or PA, but it will change a lot with every release!
>> DISCLAIMER ::
THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE - THINGS MAY NOT WORK AS EXPECTED
upon flashing this release, you hearby void the ability to complain if it breaks something. although i always try to test things as best i can, i can't guarantee it won't make your tablet crash, lose your data, spontaneously combust, and burn your house downor lose your job due to the alarm not going off to wake you up - this is experimental and should be treated that way!
this, unlike my AOKP SGT7 builds does not come with "extra" features, i have intentionally tried to keep this as stock as possible.
>> WORKING ::
- everything that works on other CM 11 builds (hopefully)
- TWRP - working with VOL-UP + POWER on boot
- screenshots / rotation etc.
- standard CM 3.0.101 kernel
ART :: read the other CM 11 threads (either @storm31 or @terenceng 's wonderful threads) on how to repartition your internal storage to get ART working - you need at least 256MB of /cache space to get this working properly. while i haven't tried it myself with OmniROM, if you feel brave please do, and report your findings back in the thread
>> NOT WORKING ::
- front camera - no, it's not fixed yet.
- boot animation still off-centre at start of boot
- electron beam (screen off animation) rotation is broken - you can set it to fade out (that works fine)
- external storage does not mount in UMS (last minute discovery, i use adb)
FOUND SOMETHING ELSE? report it WITH LOGS in the forum and i will do my best to fix it, for information on how to obtain logs, i suggest reading on the AOKP SGT7 website for detailed explanations.
>> INSTALLATION ::
*** NOTE *** it's best to be on the latest TWRP / CwM before installing this, though it should be fine, if all else fails install CM 11 or any 10.2 rom
- BACKUP!!! save everything incase something goes bad
- copy the ROM onto your SD card
- reboot into recovery
- do a factory reset / dalvik cache wipe (in TWRP use the wipe menu, and go "ADVANCED WIPE", cross all boxes except for your SD cards)
- install the ROM, gapps (read below), and SuperSU (links at the bottom of the page)
- reboot, and wait (it will take a long time on first boot)
GAPPS :: i highly recommend using BaNKs gapps packages - either CORE or STANDARD (PA's are too big for the /system partition of the SGT7)
>> DOWNLOADS ::
2013-12-12 :: [ GOO.IM ] :: [ AFH ]
>> CHANGELOG ::
2013-12-12 :: INITIAL RELEASE (update this soon!)
>> SCREENSHOTS ::
>> CREDITS ::
>> MY SOURCE :: http://github.com/stimpz0r
>> OMNI SOURCE :: http://github.com/omnirom
>> the OmniROM team - for building an awesome new opensource project and getting the community involved!
>> CyanogenMod - the basis for everything, your work has inspired many (including the team responsible for this rom)
>> @cdesai - for maintaining the p1 for CM, for the device / vendor files, and for helping me with many problems throughout my time
>> @humberos - for your awesome work on the 3.0.x kernels, getting TWRP working, and for helping me with a few kernel problems!
>> the testers for AOKP SGT7 - you have all helped shape that rom to what it is, hopefully you will help keep this one going for us as well.
>> all other SGT7 devs and community - for helping everyone enjoy the first ever Android tablet, and for keeping it breathing well past its best before date.