5,593,401 Members 36,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CDMA][4.3.1] PAC-Man for SCH-I800 and SPH-P100

Tip us?

ultravioletnanokitty
Old
(Last edited by ultravioletnanokitty; 24th January 2014 at 08:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][CDMA][4.3.1] PAC-Man for SCH-I800 and SPH-P100

Hey guys, I recently found an SPH-P100 in a dumpster (score! ) and I was quite disappointed to see that there's a terrible lack of development for these devices. As such, I've forked the newest device configuration available on github, and I'll be working to release a wider variety of ROMs and to complete hardware support as much as possible. Unfortunately, there is very little I can do to address the complete lack of 3G support, as I have no service whatsoever on my device.

Now, the ROM! This is a clean build of PAC-man 4.3 for p1c. I have removed the hardcoded verizon-specific properties and model identifiers as a first step towards proper support of both Verizon and Sprint models, but no functionality is changed from the newest CM10.1 builds.

I notice that there are not any PAC builds for p1(l|n) posted either, so if there is adequate interest I may begin builds for those devices as well.

TWRP 2.6.3.0 is the included recovery, and has full SELinux support. (Compatible with KitKat ROMs!)

Downloads
PAC 4.3.1 -- Build Date 1-17-2014:
p1c: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 5b817c6c94753f136e3fa7b98d6326c0
Changes:
  • First build of PAC for this device
--ultraviolet
phones: htc droid eris/htc nexus one/htc one/motorola defy xt/motorola droid 2 global/motorola droid x2/samsung galaxy exhibit 4g/samsung galaxy s3/samsung intercept/zte midnight/zte score
tablets: lenovo ideapad a1_07/samsung galaxy tab 7/zte optik
my work: zte V11/V71A/V55 android development | pac-man for samsung sph-p100 and sch-i800
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ultravioletnanokitty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 18
You are definately right. As of right now, there are no developers working on the p1c. The last one i remember was stimp0z, and his son broke his tab. So, all the developers are now gsm based. Terenceng does have a kit kat version for the p1c. I have it on my other tab. Anyway, the developers all went to kit kat.
If i can be of help, let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda app-developers app
Sent from a Galaxus tabosaurous REX from 40m below.

ultravioletnanokitty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Nox View Post
You are definately right. As of right now, there are no developers working on the p1c. The last one i remember was stimp0z, and his son broke his tab. So, all the developers are now gsm based. Terenceng does have a kit kat version for the p1c. I have it on my other tab. Anyway, the developers all went to kit kat.

as of now, there's one developer working on p1c, then :3

if you have 3g service on your tabs, i could use your help... as i understand it 3g hasn't worked on any p1c model since the linux 3.0.x port?
--ultraviolet
phones: htc droid eris/htc nexus one/htc one/motorola defy xt/motorola droid 2 global/motorola droid x2/samsung galaxy exhibit 4g/samsung galaxy s3/samsung intercept/zte midnight/zte score
tablets: lenovo ideapad a1_07/samsung galaxy tab 7/zte optik
my work: zte V11/V71A/V55 android development | pac-man for samsung sph-p100 and sch-i800
The Following User Says Thank You to ultravioletnanokitty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I have 3g on one tab, but it's on galaxy cubed. My other tab is on terenceng cm11 mod. Kit kat. If you could make a zip file with a patch to flash on kit kat, i could try it out.

Sent from a Galaxus tabosaurous REX from 40m below.

stimpz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 2315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultravioletnanokitty View Post
Hey guys, I recently found an SPH-P100 in a dumpster (score! ) and I was quite disappointed to see that there's a terrible lack of development for these devices. As such, I've forked the newest device configuration available on github, and I'll be working to release a wider variety of ROMs and to complete hardware support as much as possible. Unfortunately, there is very little I can do to address the complete lack of 3G support, as I have no service whatsoever on my device.

Now, the ROM! This is a clean build of PAC-man 4.3 for p1c. I have removed the hardcoded verizon-specific properties and model identifiers as a first step towards proper support of both Verizon and Sprint models, but no functionality is changed from the newest CM10.1 builds.

I notice that there are not any PAC builds for p1(l|n) posted either, so if there is adequate interest I may begin builds for those devices as well.

TWRP 2.6.3.0 is the included recovery, and has full SELinux support. (Compatible with KitKat ROMs!)

Downloads
PAC 4.3.1 -- Build Date 1-17-2014:
p1c: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 5b817c6c94753f136e3fa7b98d6326c0
Changes:
  • First build of PAC for this device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Nox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultravioletnanokitty View Post
as of now, there's one developer working on p1c, then :3

if you have 3g service on your tabs, i could use your help... as i understand it 3g hasn't worked on any p1c model since the linux 3.0.x port?
first up - great to see someone working on development for the p1c - good score finding one in the bin!

to make things clearer - i was never a developer for the p1c, my old tablet (the p1 GSM version) was broken by my youngest son recently. my work on the p1c was purely guess work / diagnosed via my testers. p1c lost it's support from it's main developer (jt1134) before kernel 3.0 was released so without a developer to work on p1c related issues, it was hit and miss all the way. both humberos and myself had it booting, but it never worked with data (though attempts were made). now due to a generous donation from one of my CDMA testers, i will soon receive a Sprint tablet he has spare so i can continue developing - which means it will be a lot easier for me to work on issues facing the CDMA variants (but will never be able to test data myself as I live in Australia, not USA).

however - the more developers that work on the p1c the better, so please keep working on whatever you can - also working on something different to CM is definitely called for as i believe the users deserve a choice between custom ROMS for their SGT7.

if you wish to have a crack at data already - shoot me a pm and i'll give you some commits to look into that may help you on your way.

d e v i c e s ::

>> lg optimus g (geehrc) - CM11 (until audio works correctly on OmniROM builds)
>> google nexus 7 (grouper) - OmniROM
>> samsung galaxy tab 7.0 (p1) - dead
The Following User Says Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_ck_
Old
(Last edited by _ck_; 25th January 2014 at 11:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
I am another P1C user, the last build around here that worked for me was alrodger's 4.1.2

Terenceng's does not work on my P1C, I am on verizon and it doesn't find the carrier and never activates.

P1C is only $75 on ebay these days for refurbished, great value.

I was kinda hoping to find a kitkat build for p1c that works but none exists and doesn't seem forthcoming by anyone.

I guess I will try 4.3.1

Does this have working usb and wifi tether? That's a biggie for me.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Okay I get the same failure trying to install this that I got with alrodger's final build.

using TWRP from the last kitkat flash, I wipe everything except the external sd card

then I try to install the rom and I get

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") ==

and a long list of devices

does that mean I have a device not in that list?

it then says

"E:Error executing updater binary in zip"

pvaldeben
Old
(Last edited by pvaldeben; 26th January 2014 at 02:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 41
Also on 4.1.2 on my Sprint tab 7. I'm downloading and will give it a run. I dont have 3G but I'll report back after install.

terenceng is working on 4.4 and has "Coming Soon" for the PC1 but been a while. so now one is working on 4.4.

thanks ultravioletnanokitty for giving the P100 some love.

Update : ROM installed with out issue also used PAC gapps. WiFi OK camera OK feels quicker than 4.1.2. So all good for last 30 minute of use. Thanks for this rom dude nice job.
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to pvaldeben For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_ck_
Old
(Last edited by _ck_; 26th January 2014 at 01:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
update: okay I remembered how to get back to basics and I used heimdall to sideload cwm bootloader recovery

very fun looking rom, however it suffers from the same problem as Terenceng's:

it does not find the verizon radio/carrier and crashes when I try to manually activate it

jrbxx7
Old
Thanks Meter 526

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ck_ View Post
update: okay I remembered how to get back to basics and I used heimdall to sideload cwm bootloader recovery

very fun looking rom, however it suffers from the same problem as Terenceng's:

it does not find the verizon radio/carrier and crashes when I try to manually activate it
Could u link to the cwm I can't seem to find it... thanks!

TaPpEd from my nOtEwOrThY N2

pvaldeben
Old
(Last edited by pvaldeben; 26th January 2014 at 04:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 41
Hi again, as stated before I do not have 3G connection plan on my Sprint tab, So I cannot test connectivity to 3G. All other functionality I can test.

Rom working nicely, few issues with following apps:
Netflix: movie never starts playing
Youtube: video never starts playing, "There was a problem while playing, Touch to retry"
Pandora: Audio does not start
Google Play Music: Audio does not start
Timely alarm clock: The set time to ring caused app stop

Navigation in all these apps is OK just issue when playing something

Apps working well:
iHeartRadio: Working OK
Gmail: Ok
Camer: pictures OK
Ebay: seems to be working ok but have not tested placing a bid

Let me know what else I can check, weekdays have little time to test but should be able to get something done.

Let me know what you want me to check or report on?

Cheers