Unlock screen unresponsive
Put down the torch; I've searched and read the other threads regarding static buildup and screen recalibration.
On my stock Ideos X5, the screen lock is unresponsive if the camera app has been running when the screen is locked or auto-locks.
While trying to document the issue, I think I found a fix (and a bit of insight into what's happening).
When the phone is flat on a desk (so not receiving any video input), the unlock screen responds as expected.
When the phone is held normally and the camera is operating behind the lock screen, the device is painfully slow to unlock (for the swipe-to-unlock screen, pretty much impossible).
Would be interested if anyone can reproduce this on other devices.
- Lock and unlock your device; note how it works normally.
- Start Camera and lock device.
- Holding phone in air, try to unlock device. Note responsivity of unlock screen.
- Put phone flat on desk (so camera is blacked out, ie not on a glass desk ...). Unlock and note responsivity.
- Repeat until you're convinced I'm wrong, or right.
Link to vid again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RxV2cPWDyoY