I did NOT make this ROM. I'm just putting it here, because the original creator isn't playing here in XDA a lot, so because i know him, i'll put and update his ROM over here. Here is the original creator : http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3201113
UPDATED (11 MAY 2011) SEMC Home Fix for v006a
First, i want to apologize to artoseven for taking over his thread about elelinux, because he seems too busy to update the thread, so i'll take his position, because i visit XDA almost everyday.
Well, here we go.
The original blog post about Frogy Furnetal's Elelinux for X8 : http://www.frogyfurnetal.co.cc/2011/...inux-v006.html
Elelinux for X8 is a ported ROM from Elelinux Speedmachine for HTC Hero, using CM6 as its base. Here is the link for the original Elelinux : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=906552
Now, this Elelinux for X8 ROM has reach version 006. The difference (changelog) between this and the previous versions is :
- Market fixed and can download properly
- Repack of Ramdisk file
- Corner Button of Radio is fixed
- SEMC Home 4 Corner Button
- Fix su apps reboot
The modules already included in this ROM are :
- Overclock (thanks to doixanh)
- Pinch-to-zoom v005 (thanks to doixanh)
- Undervolt (thanks to doixanh)
- MDDI fix (again, thanks to doixanh)
For those who wants to remove or update the module, just delete/replace the files below :
- Overclock : /system/lib/modules/x8oc.ko
- Pinch-to-zoom : /system/lib/modules/x8gesture.ko
- Undervolt : /system/lib/modules/x8uv.ko
- MDDI fix : /system/lib/modules/x8mddi.ko
using Root Explorer, or maybe Droid Explorer in your PC.
The works :
Everything except Radio.apk (maybe, i havent test this ROM yet)
Some errors found :
- SEMC Home can create widget, but cannot delete it (fixed on 11 May 2011).
- Timescape sometimes get an error.
(Please report the bug here, and the original blog post)
Download links :
v006a : http://www.multiupload.com/YWQS4S1AKQ
SEMC Home Delete Widget Fix : http://www.multiupload.com/X3VCJWZLOJ
HOW TO INSTALL :
- Download the file, put it in your sdcard
- Rename the file to update.zip
- Then safely remove your sdcard (don't blame if you break your sdcard by not doing this)
- Enter xRecovery/FreeXperia Recovery
- select menu "Install update.zip from SD card"
- Then wait until the process is finished
- Select the menu "Factory reset (Full wipe)" BEWARE, YOUR PREVIOUS DATA WILL BE DELETED, FOREVER, PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP FIRST
- Select menu Advanced, then select Wipe Battery Stats.
- Go back to main menu, and Reboot.
Special thanks to :
- Kaskus Official Lounge for Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Users
NEITHER I OR FROGY FURNETAL OR ANYONE HERE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF YOUR ACTION, EVEN IF YOU BREAK YOUR DEVICE AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM.
Some screenshots :