Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Info][WIP] LET's FIGURE OUT the sleep of Death!!!! [NOT A ROM]

Tip us?

jcarrz1
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1429
Default [Info][WIP] LET's FIGURE OUT the sleep of Death!!!! [NOT A ROM]

Does anyone have a logcat from their dead transformer, during/around the time when it died?

Has anyone noticed any trends in when it happens? I saw something about 82% battery but I think that's just a coincidence.

Please post here so we can get to the bottom of this.

Jcarrz1
I think this is dev, unless it's a hardware issue. But hopefully we'll be able to discern that.
HTC Sensation z710a
T-Mobile G1 on AT&T US (retired)
Asus Transformer TF101-A1

.............................................Click "Thanks" if I helped..........................................
PM me if you have questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcarrz1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrac86
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have had multiple sleep of death issues after rooting. When I flashed back to the stock Blob, they stopped. Every time I root to Blob V5 (I am on the most recent firmware), they come back. I tried MoDaCo's Rom - they still occurred. Trying Prime's Rom now - so far it's working without any sleep of deaths.

spuniun
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I was on MoDaCo's Hr4 for a few days and never had a sleep of death. Since installing Prime 1.2 I've had 3 or 4.

Since we've had completely opposite experiences I think we can safely rule out that this issue is ROM related.

ssj4vegita2002
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've used both those roms and never had a sleep of death. But I also used the root method without the v5 blob, just the standard GingerbreakBB.

Geekbabe
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I've had one sleep of death incident, using unrooted stock Transformer configuration.

kenblat
Old
Thanks Meter 33
mine case: downgrade back to 8.2.2.6 using SD method (EP101_SDUPDATE.zip) then Gigerbreakbb then the BLOBV5 => lots of SOD issue.

May be we must update to the latest 8.2.3.9 before break using gingerbreakbb and install BLOBV5?

BR

jrac86
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Blob 5 is made to work with 8.2.3.9... It will most definitely have issues with the old firmware.

I am beginning to think the issue is with one of my apps and its settings. When I am rooted, I use Titanium Backup to restore my data and maybe the reason for the SOD is because something in an application isn't playing nice with Honeycomb... Obviously when I am not rooted, I cannot restore the settings and thus no SOD.

I just flashed back to root with Blob V5. Going to see if there are any SOD issues before installing apps... Will probably install one by one to try to see if I can find the problem - A PITA, but I really want the SOD to stop.

The-Nazgul
Old
(Last edited by The-Nazgul; 9th May 2011 at 07:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Had it with latest asus Update, no root and 40% brightness + wifi sleeps while screen is off. Lockscreen was enabled.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Edit:
Had another one after changing wifi sleep policy. I think it is wifi related.

spuniun
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Nazgul View Post
Had it with latest asus Update, no root and 40% brightness + wifi sleeps while screen is off. Lockscreen was enabled.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Edit:
Had another one after changing wifi sleep policy. I think it is wifi related.
Other threads are pointing to the WiFi scanning be enabled. I have flashed back to MoDaCo Hr4 (because it was more stable for me than Prime 1.2) and also disabled WiFi notifications and will report back if/when I get a SOD.

Putzy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Unrooted, getting about one or two of these a day depending...... seems to happen more if I've left it sleeping for an hour or more.
Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2012)
Nexus 4, Galaxy S III, Galaxy S II, Galaxy S, Desire S, Nexus One, Transformer TF101

The Following User Says Thank You to Putzy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]