How to properly do a "Full Wipe" ?
DO NOT FOLLOW ANYTHING i have posted below
AS the steps I took maybe out of order
I'll Update these steps with advice people gave soon
ORIGINAL POST BELOW
This is to help all people on how to do a "Full Wipe." Before you engage in, installing a ROM, kernel, MOD, returning your Phone to TM, or any other reason
you need a full wipe for!
Reason for this post is. I personally did not know how to do a Proper "Full Wipe." Hence I thought this was needed to help others! This is the step I took,
if there is a different, or easier way, or if i missed a step, please, make a post here so I can update this and learn something :)
Please Note the steps you do, CAN NOT BE UNDONE! also I'm am NOT responsible nor is XDA responsible, if your Phone breaks, bricks, or misbehaves for following,
not following, or Doing anything you see (or read) here!
NOTE as ALWAYS it is best to do a Backup!
NOTES on abbreviations i use here
PB --> Power Button
SDB --> Sound down button
NOTE these steps assume you have ClockworkMod and have installed it VIA "One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher for Windows"
failure to use this MOD may result in undesirable results. But I'm not sure. So use your own judgment!
The steps I took for doing a proper Full Wipe
1) press and hold PB + SDB until you see the Yellow (Orange ?) "Android" then release these buttons.
1a) you may have to unplug your USB cable if pressing and holding the PB + SDB, results in you only getting the green battery Icon.
2) SDB till "Advanced" is highlighted, then press the PB
3) SDB till "Wipe Delvik Cash" is selected, then press the PB
4) SDB to "Yes - wipe Delvik cash", then press the PB
Now follow steps 1 to 4 except doing it for
"Wipe Battery stats" and "Fix Permissions"
Now using SDB select "Go Back" and then press the PB
1) SDB till "Wipe cash partition" is selected, then press the PB
2) SDB to "Yes - Wipe cache", then press the PB
3) SDB till "Wipe data/factory reset" is selected, then press the PB
4) SDB to "Yes - delete all user data" then press the PB
Now I don't know, if this last step is needed or not. so maybe someone can tell me, to help me do it right and complete this guide properly.
last step) I Think you have to reboot into the OS at least once ? all the way to the initial log-in/setup screen ?
Now reboot going back into ClockworkMod and do what you did a "Full Wipe" for, IE: installing a ROM
then your done :)
Ric H. (a1yet)