Any way to pull chinese imes from the taiwan transformer?

Search This thread

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
I've been trying to find a good chinese pinyin and stroke ime for the transformer but none of the current IME solutions offer a good way to do handwriting input properly. As i was looking through the stock asus keyboard's options i noticed a bunch of additional languages including chinese pinyin and handwriting. The US version doesnt seem to have these available but would the WW version have it perhaps?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

magicpork

Apr 27, 2011
London
just checked my WW model (UK), it doesn't have chinese pinyin/handwriting either..

there's a chinese mandarin voice ime but i doubt that would work well...

just fyi..as for chinese IME in general, Sogou pinyin input is always my personal favourite and its PC version is the most popular IME in China..

there's a version for honeycomb already..

You can get it off the official website: http://shouji.sogou.com/download1.php,

the link for AndroidPad is : http://61.135.130.23/download/androidpad_1.0_sweb.apk

great keyboard layout to fully take advantage of hc's big screen..and it's got Pinyin (2 different keyboard layouts), Bihua (stroke) and Handwriting!...it also updates the dictionary every so often to download the latest chinese vocabulary...it understands the chinese grammar very well thanks to the data collected from its massive user base in China.

attached some screenshots

Attachments

• pinyin_newPad.jpg
    pinyin_newPad.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Pinyin_traditional.jpg
    Pinyin_traditional.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Bihua_HandWriting.jpg
    Bihua_HandWriting.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
just tried it out. turns iut it can do traditional handwiting, thanks again for the recommendation

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

d0gan

Jun 10, 2011
I tried installing android pad on HC 3.2 but it is forceclosing. I am running clemsyn rom v4 final. Anyone else have this problem?