Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] BackMyTones - VER 1.31 Hotfix bugfixes.

Tip us?

saarraz1
Old
(Last edited by saarraz1; 4th June 2011 at 12:54 PM.) Reason: new version
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Angry [APP] BackMyTones - VER 1.31 Hotfix bugfixes.

Back My Tones Premium
(Free)

Market Link

*UPDATE 1.3*
- Premium version features are now free: backup and restore your phone ringtone as well as contact ringtones, clear all ringtones with one click.
- Various bug/crash fixes.

*UPDATE 1.2*
- Improved restore and backup method yet again, now 100% accurate.
- Note that if you change a contact's name after you make a backup, you will have to make the backup again, or else that contact will not be restored.
- Please make new backups with this version. Old backups will use older restoration methods and are not guaranteed to work properly under certain circumstances.
- Please re-backup your data after installing the update for the changes to take effect.

*UPDATE 1.1*
- Now using a better restore and backup method (through file names) to ensure compatibility when replacing ROMs that re-assign media URIs.
- Smaller file by 600KB!
- Please re-backup your data after installing the update for the changes to take effect.

Did you ever update your ROM or made a hard reset, but then realized all of your custom contact ringtone settings were lost? Well not anymore!
Back My Tones offers a comprehensive and easy to use tool to create and manage backups of your custom ringtone settings and restore them with a click of a button!
The process is easy and takes no more than a few seconds to backup your settings and save you serious headaches.

If you liked this app, look for a premium version in the coming days which will feature backing up and restoring the default phone ringtone as well, among other features (75 cents).

Details:
========
Your ringtone settings for all of your contacts are saved on your SD card and can be retrieved even after you remove the application or replace your ROM.

*NOTE this application does NOT create backups of the ringtone files themselves. If a ringtone's file was deleted from the phone will the file itself will NOT be restored through usage of this app.

Screenshots:
==========

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saarraz1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saarraz1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Fixed the max SDK to support android 2.3.3... if you couldn't see the app before try again now.
The Following User Says Thank You to saarraz1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rico ANDROID
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Now, this is a great idea
"...awe, its ok to drop it, the glass won't break..."

' Dontchooo Touch My Dell Streak!'

DocteurN
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Great thanks for this app very usefull !

gohamstergo
Old
Thanks Meter 221
nice! this has been a definite problem. thanks
If I helped you, please press the 'thanks' button
--
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro) - CM-REMIX 2.9.9 - DirtyV-UR 6/28
Asus Nexus 7 (Grouper) - SlimKat - LeanKernel
Past: HTC Droid Eris HTC Incredible SLCD HTC Thunderbolt HTC Rezound--^

scooter1979
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Does this, by any chance, back up custom notification settings for apps as well, or just ringtones?

(If no apps, well, yeah. Future suggestion. ;+) )

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Good concept. But, in cases like my intended use it falls short. My system had to do a rebuild of the media db, which caused the id's to change, the tones did not change names, but 36 was no longer 36. I knew your app wasn't goingto work when I looked at the file it created and saw the id's instead of proper filenames. Now, I am pretty sure in my situation there isn't a whole lot that could be done, so I ended up fixing all my tones myself. Just wanted to post this for anyone else who may have a similar desire from it. Unfortunately, one of the recent changes in CM caused the UID for the mediascanner to change thus revuilding the media db and screweing all my tones up.
Nice app though, for people sticking to the same ROM version (or without significant changes to the mediascanner) this should work nicely.

saarraz1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid View Post
Good concept. But, in cases like my intended use it falls short. My system had to do a rebuild of the media db, which caused the id's to change, the tones did not change names, but 36 was no longer 36. I knew your app wasn't goingto work when I looked at the file it created and saw the id's instead of proper filenames. Now, I am pretty sure in my situation there isn't a whole lot that could be done, so I ended up fixing all my tones myself. Just wanted to post this for anyone else who may have a similar desire from it. Unfortunately, one of the recent changes in CM caused the UID for the mediascanner to change thus revuilding the media db and screweing all my tones up.
Nice app though, for people sticking to the same ROM version (or without significant changes to the mediascanner) this should work nicely.
I could use filenames instead of URIs to ensure compatibility...

As for notification settings, I plan to enable support of this in the coming days.

saarraz1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid View Post
Hey man, try the app with the new update, I think your problem should be solved.

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarraz1 View Post
Hey man, try the app with the new update, I think your problem should be solved.
Too late for me, already redid all my set tones manually. But, if this can help other people, I'm glad to have pointed this method out.

Tags
ringtone backup rom